Lowered & looking good

DavoP

changing the shocks to a TRD or to sports aftermarket one to say at least should be better in the long run against wear and tear, as leaving it, the King springs will put alot more shock onto the stock dampers since they would be stiffer and most likely not used to the punishment and hence more prone to leaks sooner etc.

Very Correct, fitting a lowed spring to a set of shock that a even a few months old will spped up the rate in which the seal in the shocks start to leak, plus to TRD spring/shock combo are valved and made to work in sync with each other.

*End Rant*

if $450 is for TRD springs(4 in total), i wont even consider and just buy it. still, $450 a pair or for 2 pairs? Where did you get the quote from? Wont the toyota asked for your Vin number to buy TRD aurion's parts?

Nah $450 for all 4 springs, a mate whop works at a TRD dealer gave me the quote! :whistling:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems as though I may have been mislead by an expert in the suspension field. The question when I lowered mine was directed to the shocks/struts as well as the spring. Knowing a little about it I naturally thought these components had to be changed as well. Not necessary, so I was told by the guy at pedders. I'll make myself a couple of calls tomorrow and find out not only from Pedders but also Fulcrum suspensions, who are the Kings springs dealers here. Will let you know the outcome.

One talks of a standard Aurion .... ATX? ZR6? I think somehow there is a bit of difference in suspension between the two ??

Edited by DavoP

I am considering lowering mine however i wonder if the bump stops had to be cut shorter? In terms of replacing the shocks i understand that lowering 50mm is a fair wack so wouldn't one need to refit shocks with less travel to compensate?

I'm stunned at your signature :\

Yes... although I have wondered frequently whether or not the Japanese build standards are in fact beaten into Australian workers...

... because, essentially, the Aurion is Aus/SE asia model only... therefore it only competes here with landboats.

Sorry, thread hijack... nice looking car. Don't know if 19" is my thing, but it sure looks good. Most low Aurions do.

if they do ask for a VIN number, i can supply it via PM... :P

U Kiddin??

U can be like..Our supplier for the TRD's Kit..LoL

Just wonderin..Have u ever asked how much is ur Kit for all sides? Excluding the Wings on the back.

I got a quote from Toyota around 1300 for all sides including the wings and they allowed me to get the kits even though I didnt even own a TRD..lol

Edited by VF-X

U Kiddin??

Just wonderin..Have u ever asked how much is ur Kit for all sides? Excluding the Wings on the back.

I got a quote from Toyota around 1300 for all sides including the wings and they allowed me to get the kits even though I didnt even own a TRD..lol

nah, i dont mind...

i've never asked how much the trd kit is... i've got one, so why would i buy another one? lol hahaha

if it is actually 1300 for front, side and rear, then thats FUQN cheap!!!!!!!

if you go aftermarket, it will be more than that, plus it'll be fiberglass, not plastic!

Do you mind if I ask which dealer it was? I'm interested, PM if don't want to post on a forum.

Thanks

U Kiddin??

Seems as though I may have been mislead by an expert in the suspension field. The question when I lowered mine was directed to the shocks/struts as well as the spring. Knowing a little about it I naturally thought these components had to be changed as well. Not necessary, so I was told by the guy at pedders. I'll make myself a couple of calls tomorrow and find out not only from Pedders but also Fulcrum suspensions, who are the Kings springs dealers here. Will let you know the outcome.

One talks of a standard Aurion .... ATX? ZR6? I think somehow there is a bit of difference in suspension between the two ??

Umm probably not misled, u asked whether u need to change as well and he said not 'necessarily' which is correct... u can fit them without changing the shocks and other parts and will work, but if you asked if it will last as long as it would before then if he said yes in that account then thats misleading.

Keep it anyways as replacing the shocks should be a problem and not that expensive anyways if they happen to leak (From experience, my sisters mirage, lowered had a leak on the stock shocks and had to be replaced, costed $220 for a pair of Monroe sports shocks, so its pretty cheap and still going strong nowdays) , but if your planning to sell the car in the future just keep an eye out on it, as u don't want to turn off potential buyers .

U Kiddin??

PM me too, very keen on a front bar/grill only not a fan of the oblong exhaust ports that get dirty easy on the TRD

U Kiddin??

nah, i dont mind...

i've never asked how much the trd kit is... i've got one, so why would i buy another one? lol hahaha

if it is actually 1300 for front, side and rear, then thats FUQN cheap!!!!!!!

if you go aftermarket, it will be more than that, plus it'll be fiberglass, not plastic!

Yea..I was thinkin of totally Customizing the front and back. However, still inspired by the TRD, just gonna add stuff around the back and front...

I estimate it to be around 1500 thou..Ordering from Overseas... =S

Seriously cant wait for it... ^ ^