Lowered & looking good

DavoP

Listened to what u guys had to say and well I went ahead and did it today. Pedders Sports Ryder Springs installed. I reckon I got a pretty good deal with a mate that works at Pedders $571 fitted with a four wheel alignment? It ended up going down 42mm and well now I reckon it just looks great. I arrived back after dropping it off and was like a nervous woman with a new hair do :unsure: then it rolled out :yahoo: WOW ... looking good. I think the missus could tell I was happy with the grin from ear to ear that I had. Just what it needed to give it that little extra bit of spruce. Anyway thanks to those that advised and persuaded me to take this plunge ... good choice ppl :) See below for the difference. The 1st shot just after I got the wheels and the second two .... just taken tonight .... notice the difference? Night time shots in the carport fella's not real good but gives you a general idea ... apart from the last one ...

Cheers

post-7010-1204974342_thumb.jpg post-7010-1204974375_thumb.jpg post-7010-1204974398_thumb.jpg post-7010-1208086369_thumb.jpg

Edited by DavoP

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does the handling feel now Davo?? My old VS wagon, i bought the springs from pedders but a mate and I installed them as he had the compressing tool. Let me just say the $200 i saed in fitting them myself was not worth the pain in the a$$ it is to do it, I would pay them anyday to fit it. I am still contemplating lowering mine.

how does the handling feel now Davo?? My old VS wagon, i bought the springs from pedders but a mate and I installed them as he had the compressing tool. Let me just say the $200 i saed in fitting them myself was not worth the pain in the a$$ it is to do it, I would pay them anyday to fit it. I am still contemplating lowering mine.

Handling? Having the car a little lower to the center of gravity will improve anything .. even an ol'e Austin A40 .. lol .. The Aurion feels better than what it did. Roundabouts I tackled felt kinda like I was on rails. Clearance over speed bumps ... no worries. I haven't tried nosing into places that have a gutter as yet, that may be an issue where as before it use to sit above the gutter, now ...well I just dunno yet. All in all .... feels great

yep good deal mate and it looks great i did the same cost a little more and i did it myself but still its done and i 100% happy with it i even take my to motox and i dont have a problem clearing crap there i reckon they look hot as after lowering good stuff enjoy

i think it will void the warranty for all components within the suspension system.

oh ok, i was also thinking something along those lines.

Thanks

I was going to make that inquiry ... and I guess I should have but I didn't. Probably wise to if your a lil concerned that your suspension is going to fall out :blink: lol. I did however make the call to my insurance company b4 doing it ... just to make sure there were no issue's there. RACQ ... no worries

Lookn hot, love the rims too, go the spokey design!

What height did you ask to lower it to? 42mm? or something else?

You got a pic from the side?

As for warranty yes its all suspension to even control arms castor rods, bushes, dampers, struts etc.

Hopefully not, but they can even be more of a ***** and can claim any damage are due to the more vigorous movements that the stiffer springs provide over the stock ones.

Edited by AcoustiK

Lookn hot, love the rims too, go the spokey design!

What height did you ask to lower it to? 42mm? or something else?

You got a pic from the side?

As for warranty yes its all suspension to even control arms castor rods, bushes, dampers, struts etc.

Hopefully not, but they can even be more of a ***** and can claim any damage are due to the more vigorous movements that the stiffer springs provide over the stock ones.

AcoustiK

From Pedders, or even Fulcrum, as far as I know, they make only one set of springs to lower the Aurion. I asked this question about different heights before I went ahead did it. Some vehicles can go down so far and others .. not so much. Had me confused when he mentioned this but who am I ... he's the expert. As for warranty issues ... Yes I agree with you to some extent ... the lowered springs are not that much heavier then the standard lowered spring that are in the ZR6 and SX6. Next to <b>NO</b> difference in ride comfort. All in all it's what I wanted and I guess that's the chance I was willing take. The TRD ... down at the same height as mine ... wonder what suspension they have in it? Is there any difference to the other components you mentioned? Any luck m8 there will be no claims anyway ... "OHH What A Feeling" :toast:

post-7010-1205052017_thumb.jpg

Edited by DavoP

Thanks for the pic,

Yeah im my circumstance it has to be 30mm at most, (got some driveway problems) so if pedders only have that size then its a oh hum from me. Also I want to keep my springs in original shape and intact so compressing them or chopping them is out of the question.

The TRD would have a matching damper and spring set from what I believe built for that ride height. I dont think they would have gone all out and replaced all connecting bits with performance parts.

Thanks for the pic,

Yeah im my circumstance it has to be 30mm at most, (got some driveway problems) so if pedders only have that size then its a oh hum from me. Also I want to keep my springs in original shape and intact so compressing them or chopping them is out of the question.

The TRD would have a matching damper and spring set from what I believe built for that ride height. I dont think they would have gone all out and replaced all connecting bits with performance parts.

Driveways can be a right pain in the ar$e at times .... I went into on today and screwed up my face thinking I was going to bottom out but it didn't. Maybe the xtra 10mm will be okay in your instance. Fulcrum, up here in Townsville anyway, are as dear as poison not to mention a little fague when asked questions ... maybe they might be an option for you. So your looking at doing it yourself ...but unsure huh?

:clap: Nice!! Looks Great.

Thanks m8 ... I have some photo's of Aurions I had acquired before we bought ours and I notice one of which I have is in fact your car ... :blink::unsure: Yours must have made an impression .. in fact I was checking it out b4 and noticed the little whites marks on the road and wondered what they were ... durr ... reflections from the sun. Again thanks for the comment. Second best thing I did joining this forum I think ... the 1st best was buying the ZR6 .. what a great car

i think it will void the warranty for all components within the suspension system.

oh ok, i was also thinking something along those lines.

Thanks

I was going to make that inquiry ... and I guess I should have but I didn't. Probably wise to if your a lil concerned that your suspension is going to fall out :blink: lol. I did however make the call to my insurance company b4 doing it ... just to make sure there were no issue's there. RACQ ... no worries

Once again looks hot! love the side view pic, really making me want to lower my car asap.

But then i think i need some new rims first <_<

I guess i wont have any issues with insurance to, as im with RACQ also.

@ ZR88

lol ... yep rims coiuld be a good start and when u do go to lower it .. pays just to check for yourself with insurance

@PaultMT

Thanks mate. I wasn't sure about the colour when I bought it but now ... it's more than grown on me .. nice choice Paul :) As for spending money ... well I think that's it for me for a while ... well till I talk the missus around doing an exhaust job on it :spiteful: lol

@Davenic

Cheers thanks ... be interesting to see where it settles too

@ ZR88

lol ... yep rims coiuld be a good start and when u do go to lower it .. pays just to check for yourself with insurance

@PaultMT

Thanks mate. I wasn't sure about the colour when I bought it but now ... it's more than grown on me .. nice choice Paul :) As for spending money ... well I think that's it for me for a while ... well till I talk the missus around doing an exhaust job on it :spiteful: lol

@Davenic

Cheers thanks ... be interesting to see where it settles too

looks perfect. congrats and enjoy it in good health :)

Listened to what u guys had to say and well I went ahead and did it today. Pedders Sports Ryder Springs installed. I reckon I got a pretty good deal with a mate that works at Pedders $571 fitted with a four wheel alignment? It ended up going down 42mm and well now I reckon it just looks great. I arrived back after dropping it off and was like a nervous woman with a new hair do :unsure: then it rolled out :yahoo: WOW ... looking good. I think the missus could tell I was happy with the grin from ear to ear that I had. Just what it needed to give it that little extra bit of spruce. Anyway thanks to those that advised and persuaded me to take this plunge ... good choice ppl :) See below for the difference. The 1st shot just after I got the wheels and the second two .... just taken tonight .... notice the difference? Night time shots in the carport fella's not real good but gives you a general idea

Hey Davo, I had a look at your photos, but to be a pain in the...... I am hopeing to get a direct on side shot in stead of the angle side shot, any possibilities mate.

Cheers

Hisko

Listened to what u guys had to say and well I went ahead and did it today. Pedders Sports Ryder Springs installed. I reckon I got a pretty good deal with a mate that works at Pedders $571 fitted with a four wheel alignment? It ended up going down 42mm and well now I reckon it just looks great. I arrived back after dropping it off and was like a nervous woman with a new hair do :unsure: then it rolled out :yahoo: WOW ... looking good. I think the missus could tell I was happy with the grin from ear to ear that I had. Just what it needed to give it that little extra bit of spruce. Anyway thanks to those that advised and persuaded me to take this plunge ... good choice ppl :) See below for the difference. The 1st shot just after I got the wheels and the second two .... just taken tonight .... notice the difference? Night time shots in the carport fella's not real good but gives you a general idea

Hey Davo, I had a look at your photos, but to be a pain in the...... I am hopeing to get a direct on side shot in stead of the angle side shot, any possibilities mate.

Cheers

Hisko

Hey Hisko

Have done m8 ... scroll up a few posts and you'll see another photo I added in response to another request. NOT the few I placed at the very top

cheers

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum thing, I decided to get on to see if anyone has lowered a Camry and which springs to use.

I rang a few places and did some research on springs apperently the best springs out there are Eibach so I rang Eibach in sydney they are available at price of 550.00 and thats without fitting. Apparenlt HSV uses Eibach on their range and the racing toyotas also use Eibach has anyone usd them before?? I also noticed that some of the V8 supercars run on Eibach.