Sound when signal and turning the wheel??

insi

HI..

Have you ever notice there are a sound tuck tuck tuck or click click click sound when you turn on signal left or right and then turning the wheel.

for example while you go to round about or u turn.

If you turning the steering wheel a lot then it will give you the sound a few more (make sure signal is on)

Is this normal or should I go back to fix it?

I am sorry if this raised before but let me know whether or not I should fix it or it is normal to aurion?

Thanks.

If your asking if it's normal to hear a tick tick tick sound when indication then yes, this is normal and to the best of my knowledge normal to almost all cars.

It is just a warning to let you know your indicator is flashing. This would be a good thing.

----------------

Ì'm thinking that it might be the sound of the indicator cancelling notches. When you use the indicator and turn the wheel left (for example) the indicator stays on until you turn the wheel back to the right and hit the first notch. As you turn it opposite to the indicator direction to the indicator direction the notche engage with the indicator lever and cancel it, returning the lever back to the off position. You will notice that if you use a left indicator but turn the wheel right the indicator will cancel at the first notch.

I haven't noticed the clicks too much on the Aurion but previous cars did this. I will note it when I drive home from work now, I'm sure.

Indicators are mostly mechanical in operation. I know on a holden Astra (my wifes) the indicators are electronic. But the Aurion's are mechanical.

I think I explained that correctly - hopefully : )

no...it is not an indicator click sound.

It is a different one and it is coming from the streeing wheel. So if you include indicator sound then there are TWO sounds that I can hear, one from indicator and one from the steering wheel.

It happen when you turn on signal either left or right and turning your wheel, whether on idle or round about or U turn.

I drove diffrent few cars previously but this one is odd.

Please turn off the music and drive quietly and if you hear it, please let me know.

Thanks.

no...it is not an indicator click sound.

It is a different one and it is coming from the streeing wheel. So if you include indicator sound then there are TWO sounds that I can hear, one from indicator and one from the steering wheel.

It happen when you turn on signal either left or right and turning your wheel, whether on idle or round about or U turn.

I drove diffrent few cars previously but this one is odd.

Please turn off the music and drive quietly and if you hear it, please let me know.

Thanks.

That sounds exactly like the indicator canceling notches. There is the normal indicator ticking noise that happens whenever the indicator is on, in time with the flashing, and comes from the dash. When you turn the steering wheel with the indicator on, it will make a clicking noise every time the wheel turns past one of the notches in the combination switch assembly. These notches automatically turn off the indicators after you turn the wheel back in the opposite direction after making the turn. This noise comes from the steering wheel, or more exactly the combination switch (ie indicator switch, windscreen wiper stalk etc) immediately behind the steering wheel.

Think of a ratchet. Imagine you are turning left, with the left indicator on. You can turn the steering wheel to the left as much as you want without the indicator turning off, but as soon as it begins to turn back to the right the indicator turns off. This is because of the ratchet action of those notches. Notice also that if you indicate and go around a wide gentle corner the indicators don't always turn off, this is because the wheel hasn't been turned far enough to hear the first click, and hence the self-cancelling function doesn't work.

Just as a test, and this should not be done all the time cause people that don't indicate frustrate me . . . alot . . . BUT try turing the wheel or going around a roundabout without indicating. Is the noise still there ?

Just as a test, and this should not be done all the time cause people that don't indicate frustrate me . . . alot . . . BUT try turing the wheel or going around a roundabout without indicating. Is the noise still there ?

ah....good point, i think it didn't have sound at all and I agree maybe the cancelling nothces as mentioned by Danos and Hiro...

sorry, this is the first time I hear a car has a cancelling notches but if everyone has this noise in their aurion than I am happy that I don't have the odd car.

Thanks all...