Drivers Side Door Drop

Danos

Anyone had there drivers side door drop ? I just took my SX6 for a service and asked the Toyota service guy to fix my drivers side door as it has dropped. The only reason I noticed this was cause the closing mechanism was a bit clunky. was only out by about 1mm.

Just picked it up and it's smooth as now. Service guy said it was a common problem . . . but it was free to fix (under warranty)

Edited by Danos

most cars are assembled in australia, but what i know is, at least i WILL NOT ever buy a australian made car again!!!

tat day, i saw a new holden ss's front bumper drop like 8mm!! the gap is soo clear that you felt it might have crashed into the wall when parking or some similar shxt..

Anyone had there drivers side door drop ? I just took my SX6 for a service and asked the Toyota service guy to fix my drivers side door as it has dropped. The only reason I noticed this was cause the closing mechanism was a bit clunky. was only out by about 1mm.

Just picked it up and it's smooth as now. Service guy said it was a common problem . . . but it was free to fix (under warranty)

Yep, I've noticed my driver door a bit clunky lately too. Thanks Danos, I thought I was imagining things :-) I'll get 'em to fix it next service..

All fixed now . . . easy to be critical but it was an easy fix for them at the service centre.

I must say that dropping doors are not exclusively an Oz build thing. I have Nissans & other foreign build cars with similar problems. Usually from people using the doors as support while hauling there huge mass out of the car.

On the optic of doors - Noticed the other night that the passenger side door when open does not trigger the cabin lights and is not registering in the HUD when open.

I'm gonna check the service manuals but I think the little door switch needs attention or a cable has come loose.

Anyone else have a problem like this and could help me solve it ?