Ignition Coil Problem

rollsroyce

Having big problem with my 2003 Avalon, It has pencil ignition Coils and every 6 weeks blows the absolute garbage out of the coil and the spark plug, leaving the car running on 5 cylinders. :help:

It is a 3lt V6 2003, engine 1MZ-FE

Its is always the 6th cylinder that blows

This is the third time it has happened, and every time i have changed the sparkplug and the coil - then the car runs perfectly until just driving along and then it blows, it is completely random last time it happened i was doing 100 down the free way and just cursing, time before that was driving like a granny through the suburbs. All though it does seen to happen every 6 weeks

PLEASE HELP because Toyota have no clue how to fix it and want to just change the coil. I explained that it’s not a coil issue, that is just the results, and then they want to charge me thousands just to tear down the engine to figure it out. I have only use OM parts.

Having big problem with my 2003 Avalon, It has pencil ignition Coils and every 6 weeks blows the absolute garbage out of the coil and the spark plug, leaving the car running on 5 cylinders. :help:

It is a 3lt V6 2003, engine 1MZ-FE

Its is always the 6th cylinder that blows

This is the third time it has happened, and every time i have changed the sparkplug and the coil - then the car runs perfectly until just driving along and then it blows, it is completely random last time it happened i was doing 100 down the free way and just cursing, time before that was driving like a granny through the suburbs. All though it does seen to happen every 6 weeks

PLEASE HELP because Toyota have no clue how to fix it and want to just change the coil. I explained that it’s not a coil issue, that is just the results, and then they want to charge me thousands just to tear down the engine to figure it out. I have only use OM parts.

How is the look of damage are the coil and sparkplug? have you got a photo, is it sooty, oily, or just blown to pieces?

Damn thats been smashed bad, just out of curiousity, did Toyota do a compression test when they checked up the car?

I reckon you better off taking it to a workshop than Toyota as I know from experience many of them are not cluey about mechanical engineering at all rather being your 'by text book' chump.