Oh No, Blue Beast Gone??

Ok, started up the blue beast about half n hour ago..... now... i started to hear a slight ticking sound from the engine..... So ok lifted up the bonnet and looked around.... First to find that the bottom hose for the radiator the metal pipe at the top that connects to the engine is leaking coolent.... So i stoped the car and waiting a sec and took the cap off for the radiator... noticed to me the coolent was down so i topped it up. Then I thought hmmm i might check the air filter and see if that needs changing.....

****COUGH COUGH*** to my suprise look what i find inside it.....

topaf.jpg

Top of the air filter...

then i looked under

btmaf.jpg

Then i found out more... :angry:

afoil.jpg

Now with this you may not see too well but my camera cant fit into tight spots... lol but the leak is at the bottom of that metal pipe thingo...

cool.jpg

Yeah well its the bf's car not mine so.... but he is going to the mechanic just down the road from him and seeing what could be done but the car might need taking in... which i know it will run just that it might conk out..... so it might be a trailer job...

Yeah well its the bf's car not mine so.... but he is going to the mechanic just down the road from him and seeing what could be done but the car might need taking in... which i know it will run just that it might conk out..... so it might be a trailer job...

It won't conk out I don't think, but it could explain why it isn't making as much power as it should etc. It's what I'd call an annoying engine fault. Nothing drastic I don't think, but annoying yes.

Yeah well its not getting moved until we try and clean the carbi out and a new air filter.... But yeah i have a feeling it may do something nasty on the way maybe.....

Cause i dont know if you remember but david posted up about his car blowing out a big **** chunk of white smoke... now this was really odd... but it stopped.... could this be the result on what have may caused the big ploom of smoke and no throttle.

Yeah well its not getting moved until we try and clean the carbi out and a new air filter.... But yeah i have a feeling it may do something nasty on the way maybe.....

Cause i dont know if you remember but david posted up about his car blowing out a big **** chunk of white smoke... now this was really odd... but it stopped.... could this be the result on what have may caused the big ploom of smoke and no throttle.

Clear sign that the rings are burnt out. White smoke = burning oil.

Yeah get it checked out and fixed asap.

Naww your such a life saver.... *cuddles* yup will get onto it pronto!

Anytime Holly.

Like I said, I'm very sure that's what it is. I ran it past my mechanic and he even agreed that that's what it would be.

If the motor is old and tired then hey, there's nothing a decent half cut won't fix ;)

This could be a blessing in disguise.

JUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKK IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT! meh id say for sure burning oil all that pipe you mentioned does is feed crankcase vapours into the carby to reburn when you get blowby you get more pressure buildup in the crankcase which will force some oil out plus other worn out parts let oil into the cylinders and you get your smoke yada yada world goes round the coolant pipe could just be leaking cause it needs a new gasget or the pipe has corroded away and needs replacing which is normal but hey no reason you couldnt just 20v it instead lol!

ok, david has a talk to his dad and he thinks its the modulator valve in the gearbox?? could this maybe an option too??? but why all the oil in the carbi?

ok, david has a talk to his dad and he thinks its the modulator valve in the gearbox?? could this maybe an option too??? but why all the oil in the carbi?

Honestly, oil in the carby = ring or ring(s) blown. That explains the oil being pushed up through the breather hose into the carburettor housing. I'm confused as to how a gearbox issue could cause this.

You'd know if your gearbox was giving you grief. You all of a sudden find that its behaviour is altered. Whether it is altered slightly or greatly is another matter.

Hmmm yeah.... oh well ill try and talk to him...... but weard thing is its not pushing any more oil into the carbi... unless it only does it under alot of pressure on the pistons. Hmmm confusing.... ill just tell him to take it to a mech not a guy that deals with gear boxes.... unless you can convince him.....

Hmmm yeah.... oh well ill try and talk to him...... but weard thing is its not pushing any more oil into the carbi... unless it only does it under alot of pressure on the pistons. Hmmm confusing.... ill just tell him to take it to a mech not a guy that deals with gear boxes.... unless you can convince him.....

Well all you need to do is look at the evidence. That should be enough to convince you of any problem.

The lack of rings = oil going into the cylinders and being burnt in the combustion stroke. That is then drawn out of the motor, down the exhaust and out the muffler. That explains why you guys had plums of white smoke coming from it at times.

Due to this happening intermittently, I'd say it could be one or two rings that aren't totally blown, but they are at the end of their life.

It 'seems' straightfoward. I'd have a mechanic check it out first. I like problem solving, but I am human after all. Of course I could be wrong.

Edited by bADbOYz

Yeah i have to agree with you...... but would that still explain why there was not extra power when he had the pedal to the floor? or could that be something else?

Anyhow ill txt him and get his local mech to look at it....

Yeah i have to agree with you...... but would that still explain why there was not extra power when he had the pedal to the floor? or could that be something else?

That explains it perfectly. A motor needs fuel to burn, not oil, in order to go anywhere. Motors don't like using oil that way.

A rough example for you:

I work out here and there. After a workout I'd be rubbing Dencorub into my muscles to assist in keeping them from seizing up (I will admit I haven't needed to use it for ages, but anyway) and re-fueling them with protein and carbohydrate.

If I was doing what your motor was doing, then I'd be eating the Dencorub instead of rubbing it in externally. F*** that.

Oil is used in a motor to lubricate moving parts basically. It's not used to fuel it. If it is, then it's going to run like a fat kid with a belly full of M&M's and ice cream.

Hehehe LMFAO :spiteful: i like your wording!!! Well then now we are going the get that sorted out.... maybe! but yup my head understands perfectly..... hopefully dodo of a bf goes

" noo its not the rings its the modulator valve" next thing you know we go the gearbox place and find out it aint it...... then go to the mech and goes.... YUP its the rings.... oh how funny would that be..... :rolleyes::whistling:

Hehehe LMFAO :spiteful: i like your wording!!! Well then now we are going the get that sorted out.... maybe! but yup my head understands perfectly..... hopefully dodo of a bf goes

" noo its not the rings its the modulator valve" next thing you know we go the gearbox place and find out it aint it...... then go to the mech and goes.... YUP its the rings.... oh how funny would that be..... :rolleyes::whistling:

My grandfather always used the words, "You could be right." Just say that to him. On the other hand I myself could be wrong, you never know. I am confident that's what it is however. If a gearbox was blowing smoke then the smoke would be coming from underneath the car (I speak from experience. My father and I had a rear seal go slightly on the gearbox of our project car. The gearbox oil would drip onto the exhaust piping and burn. Car looked like it was burning underneath for a few days until it was fixed).

The smoke was coming 'out' of the exhaust right?

Edited by bADbOYz

modulator valve? ahhh see nobody mentioned it was auto modulator valves on some auto's are vaccume operated if say the modulator has a hole in the diapram (i know thats not how you spell it im lisdexic ok) tranny oil is getting sucked through the modulator valve into the motor and being burnt VIOLA! blue/white smoke there then will be a hose running from the mainfold to the auto unplug it from the manifold and if theres browny red oil comming out of it the modulator valve is stuffed

aah yeah its is an auto.. lol.. i see what you mean... well ill check in a while once i regained my energy then ill find out.... and dont worry darling i totally understand about dislexica, my boyfriend has it.