Tyre price comparison

Freddy Kluger

Wow, good luck with getting 19" rims, my dealer told me it would be an additional $2500 JUST for the rims!

I dont know for sure, but I think the rubber on the 19s are going to cost. AFAIK, its an unusual tyre size. (could be wrong)

Just as an aside; you didnt previously have the old Kluger in black did you? There's one driving around with the number plate FREDDIE on it, and a red slash mark on the window. Freddie Kluger LOL

As I had said in another topic, I would fit Yokohama ADVAN ST V802 in size 255/55R19. They are only slightly larger, should fit and would be a much better tyre than the originals.

There is no other tyre in the size 245/55R19 other than the originals. Original tyres on new cars, other than performance models, are generally not very good and overpriced to replace as people buy them just because they are the same. On every car I have had, I've noticed a big improvement in grip and sometimes road noise after replacing the original tyres with something else. Better tyres don't generally last as long, but I think that safety is much more important than saving a little money.

Scott

No I have never owned another Toyota let alone a Kluger until now. Yes, I was astounded that the user name was still available :yahoo:

Basically, the tyre question was yet another reason why the KX-R bacame our choice as we assumed the options in the 19's would be limited and hence expensive. No way would I option a car with a standard accessory like a rim upgrade - cheaper and more attractive options around. But like most things these will be cheaper in the coming years when they're more common. I can remember when 17's were an exotic wheel :lol:

As I had said in another topic, I would fit Yokohama ADVAN ST V802 in size 255/55R19. They are only slightly larger, should fit and would be a much better tyre than the originals.

There is no other tyre in the size 245/55R19 other than the originals. Original tyres on new cars, other than performance models, are generally not very good and overpriced to replace as people buy them just because they are the same. On every car I have had, I've noticed a big improvement in grip and sometimes road noise after replacing the original tyres with something else. Better tyres don't generally last as long, but I think that safety is much more important than saving a little money.

All I can say after having the Advan's on the Subaru you don't need to look any further, in 17" they are +$275/corner when you can get them, How much are they for the 19"? So I can start saving now! :rolleyes:

During negotiation on the purchase of our 08 KX-R we were debating on the price of tyres between the 17" on the KX-R and the 19" on the KX-S / Grande models.

Does anyone know or researched replacement tyres for the 2 rim sizes?

I have set of new 19's rims & tyres of my Grande for sale .............i fitted after market 20'

If interested make me an offer..........

• 2 weeks later...
During negotiation on the purchase of our 08 KX-R we were debating on the price of tyres between the 17" on the KX-R and the 19" on the KX-S / Grande models.

Does anyone know or researched replacement tyres for the 2 rim sizes?

I have set of new 19's rims & tyres of my Grande for sale .............i fitted after market 20'

If interested make me an offer..........

Hey im brand new to this site, what great info that you guys have.

BTW, the tyres for the 19" rims are currently only available through toyota at a bargain price of $471!!!! EACH CORNER.

Hopefully with time these get cheaper, just dont get a punchure!

Im getting a black kxs soon, will order next month most likely, with side steps, nudge and towbar.