Adjustable castor

Kenneth

I've walked into TTF today to get my wheel alignment done after lowering my car, all went well but I've always had castor problem (car bears left by a lot) so i go them to check and see if they can do much about it,

the mech came back and told me since corolla doesnt have adjustable castor he will hv to put a set in so my left can have a more postivie castor compared to the right so my car go straight..

he wanted 350 + roughly 130 for labour.. bit less then 500 all up..

anyone know who makes adjustable castor for corolla? and what kinda price im lookin at?

it's because the bushings in the strut top wear over time. I had the same thing in mine (though only minor). Depending on how many round a bouts you drive regularly will depend on how warn the bushings get.

i will find the sheet i got from few months ago which should reflect the problem once i find it :)

but I did have a thread up regarding castor blocks not long ago... here are the readings

Front Axle

Castor 10 degree

Left : + 1 deg 22 min

Right: + 2 deg 03 min

Your caster angle is low, but I can't see how adjusting it is going to solve the pull to the left since caster is just there for bump steer reduction, auto straightening, stability and the like. However I think what would be a better fix is fixing the toe on the left front wheel and the rear right. Those two are going to give you a turning moment to the left. Have them set it to 0.0mm, give or take 0.1.

You can see for yourself what the alignment is meant to be here; http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=11228

Edited by SuperDave

ah.. i will talk to those guys down @ the tyre joint :) .. hopefully they dont feel offended.. coz when i told them that the rear is not adjustable they werent too happy :P i didnt wanna get charged for smething they didnt do so ya :P thot i will be upfront bout ir

caster plays a huge role Dave...

effective you are driving with one wheel slightly in front of the other when the caster is out and this causes a different drag to then front wheels causing the pull to one side or the other. I'll sit you in my car and put the caster to max one side and min on the other, then reverse it and you can tell me the difference. Toe plays more role in bump steer than caster does.

caster plays a huge role Dave...

effective you are driving with one wheel slightly in front of the other when the caster is out and this causes a different drag to then front wheels causing the pull to one side or the other. I'll sit you in my car and put the caster to max one side and min on the other, then reverse it and you can tell me the difference. Toe plays more role in bump steer than caster does.

so what do u recon i should do? that exactly what the guy say.. left one is in the front by a little compared to the right.. so he say to get some adjustable castor to adjust the left bit behind the right one due to the canvas of our roads.. :)

worth it?