Wakefield 15/12/2004

Hey guys,

If anyones interested in hitting the track to get rid of there speed fueled fun before double demerits xmas hits us, some guys from the Froggie Forum are going to Wakefield next wednesday...

heres a link for the details

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthrea...87&page=1&pp=25

All welcomed.. the more the merrier :lol:

Have a Great Xmas :lol:

If attending just advise and we can sort out meeting times B)

Hey Qui, how is the car going? Clocked a few more kays now? I will most probably be going, not working that day. My car still ain't 100% with the sh*t clutch but i have lowered it so would be interesting to see how much better it handles. So what cars would be turning up at this stage?

Zee

Hey Qui, how is the car going?  Clocked a few more kays now?  I will most probably be going, not working that day.  My car still ain't 100% with the sh*t clutch but i have lowered it so would be interesting to see how much better it handles.  So what cars would be turning up at this stage?

Zee

Car is going good :D

Good 2 see that your gonna attack the track again :lol: lowering the stivo should make heaps of difference.

At this stage a few Peugeot's

2 206 Gti 180's

1 306 Gti 6

1 205 Gti

1 206 Gti 138

1 405 Mi 16

possibly a Focus ST170

Also My Rice burner representor :D :D mate with a Toyota Celica 03 SX (same engine as yours i believe) should make a good comparison :lol:

plus a few others i think

I pm'ed Screaminrolla a few days back but he's going to Chip his Ride so cant make it :P

But he should come next time

We'll meeting at Pheasents next mobile at 8am but if you want meet us the track we'll be there from 9am hopefully just keep an eye on the Aussie Frog thread

Wow that's quite a few Pugs, good to hear a Celica will be coming so i am not the odd one out.. Should be a good day! Is your friend with the Celica on this forum? I think i will meet you all at the track, should still remember how to get there.

No i don't have a bike, but i love them! :lol: And the only reason why i use the Yamaha R1 as my avatar is obvious, because our 2ZZ-GE engine is tuned by Yamaha B) Great bike you got there, how much did you pay for it? Is the R6 quicker and handles better than the CBR600RR?

Oh, would you also be bringing your camera and video cam mate? Remember to bring your remote this time, also if you still have the vid from last time would you be able to burn me copy? Thanks!

Zee

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Wow that's quite a few Pugs, good to hear a Celica will be coming so i am not the odd one out..  Should be a good day!  Is your friend with the Celica on this forum?  I think i will meet you all at the track, should still remember how to get there.

No i don't have a bike, but i love them! :lol:  And the only reason why i use the Yamaha R1 as my avatar is obvious, because our 2ZZ-GE engine is tuned by Yamaha  B)  Great bike you got there, how much did you pay for it?  Is the R6 quicker and handles better than the CBR600RR?

Oh, would you also be bringing your camera and video cam mate?  Remember to bring your remote this time, also if you still have the vid from last time would you be able to burn me copy?  Thanks!

Zee

Yeah you can help represent Toyota on the day :lol:

Got the bike for a good price $8500 with a Yoshi and the thing is mint ( couldnt find a scratch/mark/leak anywhere on her)

Havent ridden a 600RR Yet but there whouldnt be much between them...top end i think the R6 has more......eg i have trouble keeping the nose down after 11000rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd :lol::lol: It will rev to 15000rpm :P

Ive packed the remote yesterday :D dont want a repeat of last time...ive havent got myself a firewire yet so ill try and put the footage onto a Video for you for now....

Once i get my act together i'll put it onto cd so you can post for the other stivo guys to view

Wow that's quite a few Pugs, good to hear a Celica will be coming so i am not the odd one out..  Should be a good day!  Is your friend with the Celica on this forum?  I think i will meet you all at the track, should still remember how to get there.

No i don't have a bike, but i love them! :lol:  And the only reason why i use the Yamaha R1 as my avatar is obvious, because our 2ZZ-GE engine is tuned by Yamaha  B)  Great bike you got there, how much did you pay for it?  Is the R6 quicker and handles better than the CBR600RR?

Oh, would you also be bringing your camera and video cam mate?  Remember to bring your remote this time, also if you still have the vid from last time would you be able to burn me copy?  Thanks!

Zee

Yeah you can help represent Toyota on the day :lol:

Got the bike for a good price $8500 with a Yoshi and the thing is mint ( couldnt find a scratch/mark/leak anywhere on her)

Havent ridden a 600RR Yet but there whouldnt be much between them...top end i think the R6 has more......eg i have trouble keeping the nose down after 11000rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd :lol::lol: It will rev to 15000rpm :P

Ive packed the remote yesterday :D dont want a repeat of last time...ive havent got myself a firewire yet so ill try and put the footage onto a Video for you for now....

Once i get my act together i'll put it onto cd so you can post for the other stivo guys to view

Thanks man, can't wait and hopefully the weather stays good. 15,000rpm! That's the good thing about 600cc bikes compared to 1000cc, it revs hard! If only our Stivos can rev to that speed with LIFT at 11,000rpm! :P $8500 is a bloody good deal man :o I would have bought that bike first and got my licence later!!

My brother in law paid $5000 for a Kawasaki 1991' ZXR750 few years back! It was in great condition too and was very well maintained with pipe. I had a ride as a pillion once and was so close to kissing the tarmac when he squeezed it without warning :D Sounded fantastic with an aftermarket pipe, i can hear him 10 blocks away i think :lol:

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Thanks for the video Qui! It was a good day, a great variety of cars turned up and it was good to see where my Stivo stood among these cars but too bad i couldn't head out for the last session due to low fuel! :blink: I had a good shot at a better lap time and then all of a sudden the car seiged when i entered the last corner before the straight. :( Anyway learnt my lesson. I seriously need better tyres, can't outrun the other guys with 195 width street tyres!

Thanks for the video Qui!  It was a good day, a great variety of cars turned up and it was good to see where my Stivo stood among these cars but too bad i couldn't head out for the last session due to low fuel! :blink:  I had a good shot at a better lap time and then all of a sudden the car seiged when i entered the last corner before the straight.  :(   Anyway learnt my lesson.  I seriously need better tyres, can't outrun the other guys with 195 width street tyres!

No probs Zeee man :lol:

Did it turn out alright...... the video was abit old .... :blink:

I watched the footage from yesterday and its heaps better....alot more steady now ive attached the camera to a proper mount :ph34r:

Yeah you where pretty quick on that lap untill the last turn :( i though you missed a gear cos i made about 2 car lengths on you :rolleyes: )

Keep an eye on the frog forum for pic's

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthrea...4000#post164000

See you next time dude.... :D

Edited by QD180

• 1 month later...

howdy,

Sorry for bringing this post up from the dead,

but I just managed to find this forum.

I think i bumped into a few of you guys at this trackday.

I was driving a black corolla stationwagon, with a kangaroo'd bumper and one foglight missing, and half the goulburn locust population on my headlights.

It was one of the best trackdays ive been to just because there were so many cars!

Loved the dicing with the sportivos, rollcaged 306, commodores etc.

great stuff.

cheers,

vincent

Edited by Zr240

howdy,

I was driving a black corolla stationwagon, with a kangaroo'd bumper and one foglight missing, and half the goulburn locust population on my headlights.

It was one of the best trackdays ive been to just because there were so many cars!

great stuff.

cheers,

vincent

Hi Vincent, welcome to the forum! Were you in a Black wagon and we had a bit of fun for a couple of laps? You were pretty quick then and onto my tail.. I was abt to pull into the pits when i saw your car then thought i will have a little run with you but i couldn't get the car to turn in and brake.. but it was fun! Like you metioned that was a great day due to the amount of cars that turned out. Hope to see you again soon sometime!

Cheers,

Zee

Zee,

I notice you have some whiteline camber bolts on your car.

I was going to try and dial in some more camber manually the other day, but if the whiteline kit isnt too expensive i might as well just do that.

How much negative camber can you get, and how much do the bolts cost?

I'm quite happy with the neutral handling of the wagon already, just need a bit more cornering grip.

My tyre wear is horrendous on the outer edges and untouched on the insides.

howdy,

great stuff.

cheers,

vincent

Hi Vincent, welcome to the forum! Were you in a Black wagon and we had a bit of fun for a couple of laps? You were pretty quick then and onto my tail.. I was abt to pull into the pits when i saw your car then thought i will have a little run with you but i couldn't get the car to turn in and brake.. but it was fun! Like you metioned that was a great day due to the amount of cars that turned out. Hope to see you again soon sometime!

Cheers,

Zee

Hey Vincent, i think it was roughly $80 and its setup according to Whiteline's specs just 1 degree neg which is nothing. You can choose to go higher, up to 1.5 neg. Hope to see u at Wakefield again sometime!

Zee

Zee,

I notice you have some whiteline camber bolts on your car.

I was going to try and dial in some more camber manually the other day, but if the whiteline kit isnt too expensive i might as well just do that.

How much negative camber can you get, and how much do the bolts cost?

I'm quite happy with the neutral handling of the wagon already, just need a bit more cornering grip.

My tyre wear is horrendous on the outer edges and untouched on the insides.

howdy,

great stuff.

cheers,

vincent

Cheers,

Zee

i wouldn't go beyond 1.5 negative

the car would start to feel a bit too floaty on the freeway when u are cruising in a straight-line. but it makes the car VERY sure-footed in hi-g low speed corners, but a bit wierd at hi-speed bends coz u think the car is going to lose it coz the tyres start to squirm, then as the weight shifts a bit more, the car settles down better...

i reckon 1 and a bit is pretty good. northy has a good setup.

at 2degrees, 7inch wide wheels will start to just catch the inside arch

Edited by shaohaok

Thanks for the tips guys.

Popped down to whiteline the other day, and installed them this afternoon.

Can't quite say i followed the crappy instructions to a tee, but I put them at what looked to me as the max negative camber settings for the top bolt(big part of cam facing towards body, inner small tab facing wheel). So it should be relatively close to -1.5

It's a bit of a dodgy bros install without a proper wheel alignment, but i don't have time at the moment.

cant really tell if its made much difference at all just driving around the streets at sedate speeds.

Will need to bring it to bloody wakefield again to see if my tyres wear a bit more evenly now.