Facebook

Dead

Article

I personally renounced my catholicism (much to the displeasure of my parents), but really, I don't believe in people with totalitarian traits and those that deal in absolutes. It leads to corruption, fanaticism and downright ignorance.

That's just what I believe though. Not forcing it upon anyone. I respect beliefs. I do not, however, respect the fact that an innocent had their life taken from them.

Rather, I'm **** disgusted. Innocents deserve a chance to live their life.

Guest ddonggae
But in a society where it is illegal for singles to leave home alone, or choose their own romantic partners

oh em eff gee !!

hhmmm religion is pretty contoversial, im buddhist and shinto, but i dont really do much stuffs, i just try be the best person i can in life, thats what matter to me, not religion.

Im Catholic. Not ashamed to say I am and I go to Church almost every weekend.

I also respect other peoples beliefs, since everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but if someone goes and labels me something or calls me something that Im not (regarding my faith), then Id have to speak up.

But yea, when it comes to the things they preach up in my Church, the priest usually boils down the message from the Good Book and tells it in a way that is relevant and makes sense to simple people like me. When the priest does that, I usually dont have trouble agreeing with the things they say.

If the Priest isnt any good at explaining things in a regular conversation type manner that ordinary people can understand, then hes not getting his message (or G.od's message) across.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Respect to all religion............THE ONLY THING I HATE IS WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO GET YOU TO JOIN ONE!!

They can be so persistant that I find it hard to tell them 'WHAT PART OF "NO" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!'

But thats being rude...:(

Respect to all religion............THE ONLY THING I HATE IS WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO GET YOU TO JOIN ONE!!

They can be so persistant that I find it hard to tell them 'WHAT PART OF "NO" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!'

I think that's why I love Buddhism so much. So laid back, and the philosophies associated with it just make sense.

ive had odd moments where i ended up talking to these two blokes who came to my front door and couldnt get rid of em! ended up late for work! took me 30 minutes before they would go away coz theres really no polite or unoffensive way of telling them no?! But on the same token, there is the idea that part of being a member of a church is "spreading the word", which is pretty much what theyre doing! But preaching to strangers door to door.. geez... that tactic must work somehow, since they are still doing it? Its a bit much.

What gets me annoyed is when other Christian types tell people directly/indirectly that those who dont follow WILL burn in hell. I know a couple of people like that, like on some level they are ALWAYS making judgements about you/people around you, and im standing right in front of them?! kinda makes me uncomfortable to have conversations with them.

Edited by JJCRU23R

I cant stand religion, I don't understand how people can so blindly put there faith into something.

but different strokes for different blokes.

Edited by Simo

ive had odd moments where i ended up talking to these two blokes who came to my front door and couldnt get rid of em! ended up late for work! took me 30 minutes before they would go away coz theres really no polite or unoffensive way of telling them no?! But on the same token, there is the idea that part of being a member of a church is "spreading the word", which is pretty much what theyre doing! But preaching to strangers door to door.. geez... that tactic must work somehow, since they are still doing it? Its a bit much.

What gets me annoyed is when other Christian types tell people directly/indirectly that those who dont follow WILL burn in hell. I know a couple of people like that, like on some level they are ALWAYS making judgements about you/people around you, and im standing right in front of them?! kinda makes me uncomfortable to have conversations with them.

We had Mormons come to our front door one day. The guy stuck his foot in the door when dad went to close it. He warned him. He kept his foot there. Dad slammed the door on his foot and broke it (apparently). Noob.

i heard someone on the radio saying something like "if I spend my life putting 100% faith in G.od and in the end I find he doesnt exist, then I really havent lost anything have I?. But if I didnt believe in G.od in life and in the end I realised all the Church stuff was true, then Ive lost bunch more".

true different strokes for different folks, but yea almost every civilization has had some kind of belief that "something" created the earth and everything else.

Everyone needs faith; wheather it be in the catholic/Christian G.O.D or any other type of higher power. I do agree that it makes people better aslong as there is a balance between life and religion.

What i find most annoying is the born-again-Christians (speaking only from my experiences). The ones i know preach to me like it's this whole new universe that everyone is missing out on. I get patronized to they point where they're basically implying that i'm so dumb if i can't see the truth. Geez. Christianity has been around for thousands of years - it's nothing new.

I know many whom are born into the Christian faith, some of which attend church and are generally good people but they don't preach to me. I choose not to follow the Christian faith by choice - it doesn't mean i'll go to hell if i follow Bhudda's teaching, right?!? so quit it with the creapy brain washing. sometimes when I talk to them it's like talking to a brainwashed person, they relate everything back to what they're taught on Sundays and they're not really even thinking about what you're saying and how to respond - just reciting a bunch of pre-prepared statements....surely you can't associate with anyone on this level for too long, you'll have no friends left?!?

Edited by qkslvr

I'm a very opend minded conservative muslim thats grown up with Australian & western ideals.(prolly because I was bought up in Port Hedland).My personal philosophy is Love urself,LOve ur fams & friends,Respect ur dear man..make love not war yada yada yada..Its great to have Faith,,But I dont believe in pushn on to others

There a some mossies ( & peeples) out there preachn hate all over the world.Ive got couple of words for ya'll

'GET A ROOT' try it it'll blow ya mind..then u won't be a hater no more.. :whistling:

I think that's why I love Buddhism so much. So laid back, and the philosophies associated with it just make sense.

Yes some people don't know the meaning to the word no..but I have to say that I'm a christian and if someone tell me no..then i won't say anything further.. repect each person's personal choice..

but in regarding to buddhism, what about it, is it that you like....my parents are buddhist and I find its philosphies..illogical....so i'm quite curious which philosophies in particular that makes sense to you..is it the reincarnation cycle...or is it something else??

Yes some people don't know the meaning to the word no..but I have to say that I'm a christian and if someone tell me no..then i won't say anything further.. repect each person's personal choice..

but in regarding to buddhism, what about it, is it that you like....my parents are buddhist and I find its philosphies..illogical....so i'm quite curious which philosophies in particular that makes sense to you..is it the reincarnation cycle...or is it something else??

No, it's the bit about being ressurected in three days....ooopss...wrong book. my bad. :whistling::whistling: just playing dude. :lol::lol:

As a whole I became interested in it because it seems to focus on what is going on around us and within us. That interest hasn't fully projected me on the path to actually practicing it full time, but it's a start. It appears to encompass the understanding of an individuals own self through reflection, and most importatly reality outside of them. In general I find Buddhism to make sense more because of that. I chose the wrong wording in my post, sorry.