engine cut?

hey guys, as i was driving along today..shifted to neutral, and braked as i was approaching the lights ( rolling in N as per normal). As i was about

to reach a complete stop the Oil light, Check engine light and Battery light appeared simultaneously and i felt the car stop and it seemed like it was dead. I culdnt hear

the engine running anymore. I tried accelerating but no engine rev culd be heard..so i turned off the engine and started it again. Then drove

as per normal

this is the second time it has happend..first was in the middle of a roundabout :S thought it was something freakish..but tried replicating situation

again, but no luck. Car has been running fine with only 38k on the odo.and cant be seen daily driving.

anyone had anything similar? should i be concerned?

should i be concerned?

No. Your car was simply tired & needed a rest :whistling:

I would be booking it in for a service asap. Might want to check your coolant, oil & other fluid levels asap. Possibly you might have got some dodgy petrol...

Edited by snakesau

should i be concerned?

No. Your car was simply tired & needed a rest :whistling:

I would be booking it in for a service asap. Might want to check your coolant, oil & other fluid levels asap. Possibly you might have got some dodgy petrol...

yeah all fluid levels are good..just had a service a month ago.

bringing it into Toyota in a few days..hope its got nothing to do wi my catbak or intake ><

MAF is my bet.

CAI causing it to not get the correct flow on decel and car stalling out, or insulating material from up in maf has melted and contaminated the element, or you're using an oiled filter which has contaminated the MAF.

Had the same/similar problem with my last car. It was fine when driving but as soon as weight shifted as when i went through a round about or i stop a lil suddenly it would almost die or cut out.

It turned out to be the fuel pump.

or not connecting the breather from the cam cover back into the intake :whistling:

haha yes >< that culd be the problem too angelo

cheers for the response guys..toyota is crazyyyy full..cant get my car in anywhere till thursday next week!

keep u posted..