For those of you who get ACA

Not sure if this has been mentioned in other forums... but i'm almost 100% sure i just saw a Sportivo on the ad for ACA tonight at 6:30 on channel 9 (Sydney). Its going to be a story about high powered cars etc... it looked like they had the sportivo on the race track giving it a good work out.. spinning at high speed etc.... i could be wrong... but it looked like it on the ad.

Check it out if you get the chance... it might show a couple of clips of it... or it could just be the intro. I'll record it for those who don't get to see it. (if they show anything).

Not sure if this has been mentioned in other forums... but i'm almost 100% sure i just saw a Sportivo on the ad for ACA tonight at 6:30 on channel 9 (Sydney). Its going to be a story about high powered cars etc... it looked like they had the sportivo on the race track giving it a good work out.. spinning at high speed etc.... i could be wrong... but it looked like it on the ad.

Check it out if you get the chance... it might show a couple of clips of it... or it could just be the intro. I'll record it for those who don't get to see it. (if they show anything).

if so can somebody record it for me please?

Wasn't really worth it, well for the sportivo factor anyways. It was about TV commercials and their influence on teenagers... there was one with a corolla (either sportivo or levin) shown where they show the corolla going at a decent speed then just throwing it sideways... but it lasts like 5 seconds or something... I never saw the ad on TV so it must have got rejected or something. If anyone wants it i can post it up... but its really not worth it if you only want it for the corolla factor.

Wasn't really worth it, well for the sportivo factor anyways. It was about TV commercials and their influence on teenagers... there was one with a corolla (either sportivo or levin) shown where they show the corolla going at a decent speed then just throwing it sideways... but it lasts like 5 seconds or something... I never saw the ad on TV so it must have got rejected or something. If anyone wants it i can post it up... but its really not worth it if you only want it for the corolla factor.

When the current shape Corolla was introduced in late 01/early 02, they had an ad where a sedan, hatch and wagon were travelling through the countryside towards each other and when they came to a junction, they all hit the handbrake and spun in unison. I'm a bit of an ad nut, but I don't remember any others with Corollas spinning.

ACA is on in a few minutes here in Qld ... I'll check it out!

When the current shape Corolla was introduced in late 01/early 02, they had an ad where a sedan, hatch and wagon were travelling through the countryside towards each other and when they came to a junction, they all hit the handbrake and spun in unison.  I'm a bit of an ad nut, but I don't remember any others with Corollas spinning.

ACA is on in a few minutes here in Qld ... I'll check it out!

Bubbha, you hit the nail on the head... that is exactly the add they used and there were many complaints at the time that add was released and a big reason why the commercial standards board for motor vehicles was set up... There was also one on the new Holden Ute which was the main concern of the story.

If you ask me, people that drive like fools, are going to do it regardless of the way the vehicle is portrayed in an advert...

I know I am guilty of some tom-foolery when I am on the roads, but not because of any bl00dy ad on TV, its because this is the way I am.

Lets look at the reality of the situation. Certain groups of people wanted the Holden ad *****-canned because the dude was doing circle work in it. I could almost guarentee that 80% of the owners of holden utes, especially SS & Maloo utes are going to want to do some circle-work anyway...

It appears to me like another situation where there is a small group of people that don't have anything better to do with their spare time than complain about something.

The article portrayed I believe a young girl's life that was lost at the hands of immature driving. All I can say to that is that perhaps the people that taught the driver responsible for this incident, be it the young girl or other, should be held accountable for not correctly showing the driver some basic common sense...

When I am a fool in my ride, it is usually on the back roads by myself, not doing doughy's in suburban streets...because of a silly TV ad...

My suggetsion, if you don't like the ad, turn your telly off....

please please post it!!! i need a new wallpaper

Thanks Buddha..

It's like video games and violence, the worlds most violent people have never watched a violent movie or played video games with a little blood in it. What could be blamed for the Boston strangler, 'PONG'

I thinks people need to realise that people behave and act in ways that are in their nature and are set their long before they see TV ads. Let's take car ads out of the equation and look at the negative influence from other ads...

'McCain Pizza's' make me want to try tight-rope walking on a fishing line...

'Pork' makes me want to dance around the city like a tool...

'Libra Tampons' make me want to waste my wife's supply by playing with them with the cat...

'Bonds Shirts' make me want to strip off in First Class...

'Dri-Nights' make me want to wet the bed...

Like I said, let's turn off the telly if we don't like it.

Geez, isn't TV for "ENTERTAINMENT"