Liverpool Exhaust CAI?

...where do they go once they pass under the fuse box and behind the left side headlight ?

Do we have any photos of where they go from there, ie into the front bumper ? might experiment with altering the stock box on my levin, with something similar. Though benefits will indeed by ledigble. :/

...where do they go once they pass under the fuse box and behind the left side headlight ?

Do we have any photos of where they go from there, ie into the front bumper ? might experiment with altering the stock box on my levin, with something similar. Though benefits will indeed by ledigble. :/

it sits in a cavity just behind the fog light/fog light cover ....... a few have altered their stock box ..... the CAI is just less headache and allows u to keep ur airbox from being hacked up from experimentation.

it sits in a cavity just behind the fog light/fog light cover ....... a few have altered their stock box ..... the CAI is just less headache and allows u to keep ur airbox from being hacked up from experimentation.

:spiteful: mine is already butchered! haha..

alright Kenneth - i'm considering modding the stock airbox and using a TRD panel filter. i have already derstricted the intake slightly and certainly got a small improvement - but i feel more is to come. Over hear most use filters that sit in the bay - although they give proven gains i feel they are far from ideal. i posted about the TRD CAI as we dont get them over here. got a really good response but slightly dissapointed that they are American and not from TRD in Japan. A fellow member of TOCUK is sending me the tech dochs covering the intake and the mass of pipes to help me work out what does what and which pipes need blocking. i was looking at a couple of possibilities, 1 leaving the airbox in its original location but replacing and rerouting pipework or possibly moving the airbox and moving the battery back a bit. Did you find good improvements modding the original airbox? I know you may not want to divulge precise details but any pointers is appreciated

Mike

Edited by AE102

alright Kenneth - i'm considering modding the stock airbox and using a TRD panel filter. i have already derstricted the intake slightly and certainly got a small improvement - but i feel more is to come. Over hear most use filters that sit in the bay - although they give proven gains i feel they are far from ideal. i posted about the TRD CAI as we dont get them over here. got a really good response but slightly dissapointed that they are American and not from TRD in Japan. A fellow member of TOCUK is sending me the tech dochs covering the intake and the mass of pipes to help me work out what does what and which pipes need blocking. i was looking at a couple of possibilities, 1 leaving the airbox in its original location but replacing and rerouting pipework or possibly moving the airbox and moving the battery back a bit. Did you find good improvements modding the original airbox? I know you may not want to divulge precise details but any pointers is appreciated

Mike

I repiped the intake pipe and changed the small snorkle with a huge pipe with the help of ANGELO

dsc00690du0.th.jpg

and i must say..i can feel the improvements..dont expect anything like what you`ll get from CAI..

when i floor it..i just feel like less restriction on the pedal.. im not sure if thats the way to explain it but all i can say is that the car can breathe alot easier and im sure it sounds " meaty-er " and maybe a lil louder..im not sure of that as i havent heard it myself from outside :) but if u cant get CAI..this is the best u can do :) n it works..

tqs angelo :toast: :D

im not sure if this is what ure looking for..but i hope this helps :)

Cheers Jeremy

i've done kind of a similar thing already - instead i removed the pipe from the air pump allowing the box to draw air all the time from under the wing, sounds a lot meatier - probably similar results you experienced. you see the brown connector on the intake, apparently it opens a flap but i'm not sure where - soon be obvious when i get the tech docs. i'm thinking in the lines of what you have done but unsure wether to keep the two airfeeds or concentrate on one? one of my reservations on intakes is apparenty most cone arrangements only provide gains as they filter less? when seeing the TRD CIA i thought my problems were solved - but it aint a Jap filter and how come TRD in Japan only do panel replacement filters. so i'm trying to get the best of both worlds - good filtration and a decent supply of cold air.

i think they`re around the same :) the way i re-did my pipe or urs..shouldnt be that much of a difference :)

i think thats the best we can do with stock air box :P

or u can use the flexible pipe that i have used and just attach a pod filter at the end :P will be sorta like a DIY CAI :P ehehehe