09 Matrix

Wasn't it confirmed as the 09 Corolla?

Nah... I prefer the ZRE...

No need for a new model, just release a TRD variant - or something not so watered down for the punters.

If they got it right for the Aurion, then do the same with a Corolla.

06-auris_f.jpg

Edited by Leroy

If they looked like that from factory I may consider buying one. Alas, they do not...

Thats what I mean :) ... third TRD model???

Give us that...as stock. Something to rival the new civic type R

Hmmm it won't exactly rival the new Type R...

I'm starting to worry about the 2nd and 3rd TRD models now Leroy, because there are now 4 cars in the lineup with that same Aurion engine, and none of them are a Corolla. I have a nasty feeling we'll be seeing a supercharged V6 lineup consisting of Aurion, HiLux, Rav6 and ...Kluger :mellow:

Hmmm it won't exactly rival the new Type R...

Perhaps not... but would it be too much to ask for the above pic? Pair of leather bucket seats up front, decent satnav/stereo they are using nowadays, give us some LIFT once more, shortshifter, TRD exhaust... and potentially TRD CAI or some other legal, performance enhancing airflow variant... just a premium-ish car with a little attitude that you don't have to do anything to...

...then charge us 35 - 40k for it... type R rival.

I'm starting to worry about the 2nd and 3rd TRD models now Leroy, because there are now 4 cars in the lineup with that same Aurion engine, and none of them are a Corolla. I have a nasty feeling we'll be seeing a supercharged V6 lineup consisting of Aurion, HiLux, Rav6 and ...Kluger :mellow:

You know what... I'd wager you may have something there with the Kluger. That would be a rival to the supercharged Subaru Forester Sti would it not?

Edited by Leroy

More lift would require a heap of R&D one would suspect :( but yeah I see where you're coming from. They would definitely charge us 40k for it though :spiteful:

I think the TRD Rav6 would be aimed at the Forester Turbo because the Kluger is rather large, perhaps aiming at that ridiculous Territory Turbo *blerg*

They did... But it's a new model now and Toyota never wanted anything to do with the 2ZZ engine anyway. The 2.4L 120kW will be the Camry engine.

We'll never see the Blade here.

That is correct!

Anyway i really think Toyota Australia need to get their act together when it comes to the corolla

They did... But it's a new model now and Toyota never wanted anything to do with the 2ZZ engine anyway...

Makes me wanna 'upgrade' (even though it will be old and outdated :P ) to a 2zz stivo... just so I can be kvlt and say i have that engine.

They did... But it's a new model now and Toyota never wanted anything to do with the 2ZZ engine anyway...

Makes me wanna 'upgrade' (even though it will be old and outdated :P ) to a 2zz stivo... just so I can be kvlt and say i have that engine.

Celica. IRS. Go go go.

Celica. IRS. Go go go.

But IRS makes it better... and, thus, is a legitimate reason to buy one. That's not very kvlt...

Edited by Leroy