Shakey Steering

CME-LFT

hi guys, My steering wheel shakes like a mofo (04 corolla sportivo) but ONLY when im at 110kph, any slower or any faster and it doesnt happen. One of my mates with toyotas in his family recons they do the same thing too at 110kph. (toyota prado and 99 corolla)

any thoughts on why it happens at that speed and not just at high speeds??.................very confusing....lol

hi guys, My steering wheel shakes like a mofo (04 corolla sportivo) but ONLY when im at 110kph, any slower or any faster and it doesnt happen. One of my mates with toyotas in his family recons they do the same thing too at 110kph. (toyota prado and 99 corolla)

any thoughts on why it happens at that speed and not just at high speeds??.................very confusing....lol

It is a balance issue. To have next to no shake you have to have a good balance done. All rims and all tyres have a heavy spot. They have to mounted so that the "heavy" spots are not located together but moreso opposite eachother. If you have this done 805 of the time it will solve the problem. tyre shops will charge you more to do this sort of balance.

The other thing you can get done is an oncar balance where they balance the wheel/tyre combo on the car. This is very effective if you have sensitive rims(not quite round or have more than one heavy spot).

The wheels you have on your car are not bent/buckled are they? this will also cause a shake. Plus make sure if they are aftermarket rims that you have hub rings fitted as well.

yeh they are aftermarket rims, if the hub is the centre part ur talking about well, of 3 tyres the hub is stationary and stiff, i cant spin it, but on the 4th tyre is spins. it doesnt seem like i can tighten it or anything. ive tried turning it closewise for about a minute and nothing happens.