knocking noise when turning

hi

i heard some knocking noise when i was turning to the left... on my 1zz

its sounded like dash is loose or something but its weird.. it only happens when i turn left...

whats wrong?? i hope its not something serious... did a few search and found http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...11&hl=noise

any help will be great!

thx!

Hey Mic, I have a noise coming from the left suspension area too that I can't quite put my finger on. It only happens intermitantly which makes it difficult.

Anyways, I know for a fact that my left CV boot has a split in it but it's lasted 40,000kms, I don't think it's very damaged, I would expect it to have given out by now. The other thing I was thinking was perhaps the coils rubbing together, or on the spring seat or something similar, seeing as they're bunched together, and the standard coil springs tend to have noise reducers on them (little rubber rings).

Best bet would be to take it to a sussy place and have it checked.

i read that too..

i never changed my springs. this never happened before so is it possible to start after few years?

i can hear it when im corning hard and going slow...

o yeh! this is probably after i went pass a few speed humps... those humps are more like STEPS!!

YUS... u know? the 1s before we enter the car park

but its weird.. i can notice it only when im turning left.

wheres this spring seat??? seat???

Edited by XploShun

i read that too..

i never changed my springs. this never happened before so is it possible to start after few years?

i can hear it when im corning hard and going slow...

o yeh! this is probably after i went pass a few speed humps... those humps are more like STEPS!!

YUS... u know? the 1s before we enter the car park

but its weird.. i can notice it only when im turning left.

wheres this spring seat??? seat???

Yeah Mic they're pretty harsh. Sounds something like CV.

If you notice a split CV boot then change it!!!!!! don't leave it like Northy did and drove around for a few months with split boots. Had to replace both shafts on the sportivo ata cost of just over $2k!!! they were only available from toyota as i tried to source a set for him aftermarket.

If you notice a split CV boot then change it!!!!!! don't leave it like Northy did and drove around for a few months with split boots. Had to replace both shafts on the sportivo ata cost of just over $2k!!! they were only available from toyota as i tried to source a set for him aftermarket.

Closer to 3k :P ....mine were just worn out, even the side that wasn't split was still rooted.

Don't be so hasty to blame CVs when you get a knocking noise. Could be something like a flogged-out bush, especially something like a sway-bar. Also, could be steering rack ends worn or the steering rack itself - my AE102 has horrible clicks and clunks when going over bumps and arond roundabouts off-throttle, was convinced it was CVs until I gave it to Toyota and they said steering-rack.