Anyone imported parts from a Toyota Dealer in Europe?

I was wondering has anyone imported parts from a Toyota Dealer in Europe? I just had a look through the Accesories for the Auris (our Corolla hatch) on the Toyota Europe website and the range of accessories they have just for the Auris is amazing (and there are a few that I want)

Yes, I have imported the Spoiler from Europe. It is quite easy to do, all you have to do is send an email with your address and all the nessacary details and then have the credit card details and boom, it gets processed and they send it, I got mine about 2 weeks after I paid for it :D

p.s I'm getting 18'' Rims next Saturday :yahoo:

Yes, I have imported the Spoiler from Europe. It is quite easy to do, all you have to do is send an email with your address and all the nessacary details and then have the credit card details and boom, it gets processed and they send it, I got mine about 2 weeks after I paid for it :D

You got it direct from Toyota Motorsport (www.tte.de) right? I am looking for a few parts which are normal Toyota Accesories in Europe but not available here.

However as far as Toyota Motorsport parts go I am orderring the Lowering Springs in the next few weeks, just trying to hunt down the best price option www.tte.de vs. European Dealer vs. Toyota Australia. Toyota Motorsport actually believe that dealers here sell the parts. If I can find the right price for it I will get the twin exhaust even if it is just for rice value

Edited by jps137

isnt this the 3rd thread about europe parts?

discussed in the ZRE mod thread and somewhere else

bit of search can find Aur15 has imported a spoiler

Yes but he was direct from www.tte.de (I believe) I am looking for some Toyota Accessories offered in Europe but not here

Edited by jps137

The TTE springs are made by Eibach. Most of us over here order them as they are a bit cheaper and come with a better warranty. I dont understand why you want European stuff when Jap parts are more readily available to you and tbh better quality. I own both Jap and Euro produced Corolla's and the biggest complaint of the new Euro ones are the cheap Euro parts on them. We get problems never before associated with Toyota.

mike

You got it direct from Toyota Motorsport (www.tte.de) right? I am looking for a few parts which are normal Toyota Accesories in Europe but not available here.

However as far as Toyota Motorsport parts go I am orderring the Lowering Springs in the next few weeks, just trying to hunt down the best price option www.tte.de vs. European Dealer vs. Toyota Australia. Toyota Motorsport actually believe that dealers here sell the parts. If I can find the right price for it I will get the twin exhaust even if it is just for rice value

you mean this one

Edited by da68za

The TTE springs are made by Eibach. Most of us over here order them as they are a bit cheaper and come with a better warranty. I dont understand why you want European stuff when Jap parts are more readily available to you and tbh better quality. I own both Jap and Euro produced Corolla's and the biggest complaint of the new Euro ones are the cheap Euro parts on them. We get problems never before associated with Toyota.

mike

Thanks for the advice on the springs, I made some inquiries on the springs and Eibach are actually abot 10% more expensive to buy over the counter here than it is to have TTE send a set of their s over

i want to order a removable tow hitch, too.

aur032106tcm2805243891zc6.jpg

just not sure yet at this time if this will work/fit in the oz version ... anybody have a clue?

lol it looks like a ***** :yahoo:

although it is toyota, i would really have to question whether that would be considered legal in NSW coz i havent seen a trailer hitch that looked like that...

maybe if it were chrome you wouldnt have thought that saj... why of all colours did they paint it black with the plastic knob cover on top...?

Edited by J_J

i won't actually be towing anything on it. will just use it to put on a bike rack and thus would like it to be removable.

i believe unused tow hitches present a danger to pedestrians. what do you guys think?

i won't actually be towing anything on it. will just use it to put on a bike rack and thus would like it to be removable.

i believe unused tow hitches present a danger to pedestrians. what do you guys think?

i try and get pedestrians with the front - you can miss them when high speed reversing :spiteful:

If I can find the right price for it I will get the twin exhaust even if it is just for rice value

Yeah, Same. If you find a good price, want to let me know, and I'll probably go in with you and perhaps save on delivery, or get a better price :)

• 5 weeks later...

The people at Lindop Toyota ( www.lindop.co.uk ) were very helpful I now have a horizontal cargo net for the boot of my Corolla (and before you laugh, it is for holding my laptop whilst I go round corners on the way to work). All up including postage was just short of $100 which is not bad when Subaru dealers charge over $140 for a similar item for their cars. I had tried a generic net from one of major spares retailers and found it was more suited to the big cars and did not work too well when you tried to reduce it's size. Overall I am pleased with the Toyota Genuine product (although Toyota Australia would probably not consider it genuine - but that's another rant)

Edited by jps137

i want to order a removable tow hitch, too.

just not sure yet at this time if this will work/fit in the oz version ... anybody have a clue?

The class 2 towbar as the genuine towbar is designed to be removed. Just because it's not a class 4 towbar doesn't mean it's not removable.

The donkey d1ck European towbars do not comply with Australian standards. If you want to put a bike on it, then have you considered putting them on the roof? You'll save yourself weighing the car down with a towbar that isn't as easily removable as roof racks and a bike holder. (think wasting fuel, slower acceleration etc).

The people at Lindop Toyota ( www.lindop.co.uk ) were very helpful I now have a horizontal cargo net for the boot of my Corolla (and before you laugh, it is for holding my laptop whilst I go round corners on the way to work). All up including postage was just short of $100 which is not bad when Subaru dealers charge over $140 for a similar item for their cars. I had tried a generic net from one of major spares retailers and found it was more suited to the big cars and did not work too well when you tried to reduce it's size. Overall I am pleased with the Toyota Genuine product (although Toyota Australia would probably not consider it genuine - but that's another rant)

There are consumer standards for these elasticised nets with hooks on the ends (like okky straps) that make them quite difficult to legally sell them in Australia (like most bureaucratic nonsense that Australia loves to dish out) and this is why they cost so much more here. Milford makes generic nets and they sell them for around $50 or so.

• 2 weeks later...
If I can find the right price for it I will get the twin exhaust even if it is just for rice value

Yeah, Same. If you find a good price, want to let me know, and I'll probably go in with you and perhaps save on delivery, or get a better price :)

I just heard from Toyota Motorsport (Germany) that TRD Australia has apparently been doing some testing with the twin exhaust kit, so here's hoping it becomes a factory option or maybe there is a TRD Corolla on the way (I live in hope)