1994 celica where is the "inlet air temp sensor" located

madcow

hello guy i was wondering does anyone know where this "inlet air temp sensor" is located in a celica 1994, i just bought this mod chip thing, and it said to replace the old IAT sensor with this new one i bought, so if anyone knows what i am talking about please give us a hand

thank guys

hello guy i was wondering does anyone know where this "inlet air temp sensor" is located in a celica 1994, i just bought this mod chip thing, and it said to replace the old IAT sensor with this new one i bought, so if anyone knows what i am talking about please give us a hand

thank guys

hi,

its not one of those $10-$20 resistor chip things from ebay is it? if so dont bother mate.

cal.

Yeah mate, don't bother with it. It will attempt to trick your ECU into thinking that the incoming air is cooler than it is, thereby thinking that the incoming air is denser than it is and making the combusion run rich. You'll ruin your fuel economy and eventually you'll get a check engine light because the ECU notices that the engine is always running rich. This rich running will, in the long run, be bad for your O2 sensor and, consequently, your catalytic converter. You might also experience bad idle, as your other sensors see the disparity in temperature and air/fuel mix and attempt to compensate.

However, I doubt that it'll cause any immediate trouble. Feel free to try it (and report back!). Your IAT should be located on the air filter box, which is a big black box on the right hand side of the engine with a big pipe leading from the top of the engine all the way to the front. Your IAT should be a little black thing that's drilled into the side of the box. It can take some wriggling and twisting to get it out, but it will budge. The sensor itself is black.