about buying a camry

dcvinu

hey people,

i have been looking around at cars for a bit now we currently have a 93 camry

i been looking at the 06 and 07 camry and have been really impressed with what i have seen just wondering if anyone has any information they have found with there camry if they have one the same

example

how much fuel u go thru

servicing prices

any problems u have had

and how it has been for you

thanx

i drive the latest camry sportivo (manual), fuel is about 8ltr/100km, servicing is about $100 for every visit, but now i think they changed it to $120 (includes major) and also no problems with the car except struggling to find after market parts for it but hay its a family car!

We have just bought 2 x camry's for our retirement. 1 is an Altise and the other is an Ateva Luxury. The Altise is mine and is a very pretty Carribean Blue with charcoal interior, and the Ateva is appointed with leather seats, extra airbags and the like. We decided on Camrys for economy, good resale value (we have had them before) and the 4 cylinder is ample for our needs. Our old Camry is still going strong after 11 years and is being driven by my nephew and his family. I have just downsized from a Ford territory which was great but very expensive to run and with the price of petrol, all these things need to be considered.

If we had the money or were buying just one car we would have bought the Aurion with all the gadgetry, as it is a beautiful car, but could not afford it. The Ateva is a good second best.

We expect to have these cars about 6 years and as they wil be looked after, I expect to get a good tradein adn will definitely buy another one. Next time we will probably go down to one car only.

I would not hesitate to recommend Camry to anyone.

agree to the above .. Camry is a pretty nice ride if you are jus looking for a car to bring you from point A to point B everyday. Have a 06 sportivo Auto but somehow its running on 11L per 100Km .. but still as compared to same grades from other brands ... Never hesitate a moment when I buy a Toyota .. I know they r reliable cars .. If you want more power from the car and have some bucks to spend .. get a Aurion Sportivo .. love the instrument panel *droooolllll*

this i some good feed back thanx

i have been looking at a black 07 camry sportivo with leather and sunroof

and i took it for a drive and i really like the way it drove and as it says

we currently have a 93 camry which is starting to drive me up the wall

cause i am sick of fixing things lol

only thing with one i looking at is they are asking 34 grand for a car with 20 thousand k's on it so i trying to keep looking around at this point

when i first started looking i had a list of 6 cars and now got it down to the mazda 6 camry sportivo but looks like i might have to have a look at the sportivo aurion

...only thing with one i looking at is they are asking 34 grand for a car with 20 thousand k's on it so i trying to keep looking around at this point

$34K??? GET AURION! maybe just 1k more, or just same price mate~!

i remember when new camry was just out, altise NEW cost only $30k drive away.

I believe u can get the sportivo, 20k km, less than $34k, or even just $30k.. ESPECIALLY now is financial year end..

well, your choice~ either is a good car, BETTER THAN MAZZZZDA

...only thing with one i looking at is they are asking 34 grand for a car with 20 thousand k's on it so i trying to keep looking around at this point

$34K??? GET AURION! maybe just 1k more, or just same price mate~!

i remember when new camry was just out, altise NEW cost only $30k drive away.

I believe u can get the sportivo, 20k km, less than $34k, or even just $30k.. ESPECIALLY now is financial year end..

well, your choice~ either is a good car, BETTER THAN MAZZZZDA

u have alot of choices, and wth 34k for a 20,000 camry?! serious? u can also get a really good mazda sports luxury with less than 50k on the odo.

be weary of fuel if your heading down th aurion path, and the fact that less people are getting v6's nowadays (except for those who want power) if u go 2 any toyota used car yard u'll find HEAPS of camry v6's and aurions, but NO 4cylinders, unless they are new. although most will say the aurion is about 10-11/100km, with a 4cylinder youre bound to get better than that.

with prices fuel prices now, i would strongly consider 4cylinder sportivo or mazda hatch/sedan.

we have brand new 2007 un driven demo's here aurion sportivo sx6 33900 driveway. 6 to choose from

also a black 2007 camry sportivo auto demo with 4000km's- $30990

or a 2007 aurion touring black demo 6000km's $31990

in brisbane

Edited by jordy

BLACK AURION TOURING FOR UNDER 31K?!?!?! YES!!! I'd jump on that anyday! (If I had the money of course)

Comes with bells and whistles... very nice car indeed (just like all Touring Series - not biased or anything lol)

I'd be looking for ex demo Aurion SX6s or Camry Sportivos... The Aurion engine may be 3.5L, but it's fuel efficiency to my 3L 3VZFE 95 Touring Series Vienta is better than that.

All comes down to better engineering, and better aerodynamics.