camry key remote

quantum

Hi, I just bought my camry but the remote has problems in it. The rubber button is gone so I have to reach into the crevice n press the tiny button to unlock my car. I was thinking of getting those remotes that are attached with the key.....any idea how much it'd cost to cut the key? My friend was telling me to check if there is a certain chip in the remote but i've no idea how to go about doing that

Hi, I just bought my camry but the remote has problems in it. The rubber button is gone so I have to reach into the crevice n press the tiny button to unlock my car. I was thinking of getting those remotes that are attached with the key.....any idea how much it'd cost to cut the key? My friend was telling me to check if there is a certain chip in the remote but i've no idea how to go about doing that

yup, there is the chip there~

Ok, cheap way, take the chip out, stick it near the place near the ignition with the cut-key, you still can start the car then..

Cut key shouldnt cost much~

Ok, normal way, get a proper uncut key, they can be bought off ebay, then open up part where the chip is, and put in back the chip, then superglue it~ IF you are worrying about the scar/line left after opening up the key, dont worry, it will line up back nicely~ (if u cut nicely)

walah~~ choose 1..

mmmm......thanks for the reply. So if I just buy the casing for the exact same remote all I'd have to do is transfer the stuff inside?

if u transfer, then u still got only 1 key to use. bear in mind u need the chip/transponder thingy in the key to actually start the car. If u use a key without the thingy, the car wont start.

that why i suggest, open the key, get out the thingy, stick close to your ignition(you have to use trial and error, there is a some place that will do the magic while other wont), then you can use both keys..

Getting a remote will be easy, just that u will have to find way to program it..

Aurion has their section that teaches how to program a remote, not sure if it is same as camry..

(sorry for lauzy explaination, i m not very good at that)

Isn't there a chip inside the key it self?? I tried to use key not cut by toyota and it can't start the engine but can unlock the car.. i use the normal remote to unlock the car before i tried the new key which i think also switch off the immobiliser n alarm... just wondering here :)

yup, there is the chip there~

Ok, cheap way, take the chip out, stick it near the place near the ignition with the cut-key, you still can start the car then..

Cut key shouldnt cost much~

Ok, normal way, get a proper uncut key, they can be bought off ebay, then open up part where the chip is, and put in back the chip, then superglue it~ IF you are worrying about the scar/line left after opening up the key, dont worry, it will line up back nicely~ (if u cut nicely)

walah~~ choose 1..

Isn't there a chip inside the key it self?? I tried to use key not cut by toyota and it can't start the engine but can unlock the car.. i use the normal remote to unlock the car before i tried the new key which i think also switch off the immobiliser n alarm... just wondering here :)

maybe i didnt explain properly.. my bad.. the chip is in the key itself, the black/holding part..