ZRE owners with HID's

don't tempt me sinan.. mine would already be done if the car was gun metal..

i think all the headlight covers would be the same throughout the corolla range.

does anyone have the dimensions of the ballast plate?

welcome, you wouldn't be the Calvo on Ozhonda would you?

i haven't bought mine yet but i'm getting them through a trader on OH.

Sure am mate :D

bought two sets of HID's today from Mu Secret! Bit more expensive than the rest, but he has lifetime warranty on wiring and ballast, with 1 yr warranty on bulbs. AFAIK the rest dont provide warranty. Im getting them installed 2morrow morn, so dont know how it'll turn out. Ill try get some pics up if i can find my camera!

there are a few other traders that provide 12-18 months warranty, but yea Mu Secrets are one of the best from China. can't wait for pics. what temp did you get btw? are you DIY'ing?

there are a few other traders that provide 12-18 months warranty, but yea Mu Secrets are one of the best from China. can't wait for pics. what temp did you get btw? are you DIY'ing?

I got the 6000k ones. Spose to be super white like the Mercs... Have to say that the package it comes in is quite impressive, as in it doesnt look like some farkin dodgy ***** crap made from the back of a truck... The parts in the store are like absolute heaven... very impressive shop.

Im interested in this too.

So do you HAVE to take off the actual headlights or can you fit the HID ballasts by simply dropping them in behind the already mounted headlights?

I dont wonna fark around when I get my car because any moisture that gets into the headlights will stuff the whole thing up.

Got it done today, much better light output from it. I got the guys to install it for me as they have done it a million times before, but in saying that, it is a easy D.I.Y.

Hardest part is probably just assembling the HID kit itself, to be honest i didnt really look that hard at the actual kit, just opened it for quick sniff. The guys who installed it for me mounted the ballasts on the bracket above the headlamp connection.

I will take pictures when i can get hold of a camera.

Just a question to others, does ur stock beam shine towards the left of the car? like when u shine it on a wall, u see two triangles offset to the left a bit? Never really realised before i installed the HID so cant compare the throw to the stock one. If someone could check for me, would be great!

Please post some pic when you have a chance coz I'm planning to buy a set of HID kit for my Corolla as well.

Sorry, my camera has decided to sh.t itself! I will have pics up at the end of next week as im drivin down to the snow, and my mates should have a camera with them!

• 2 months later...