Ideas and Tips

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 Toyota Corolla ZZE1 22R Ascent which i picked up with 70 thousands kms from my parents for $ 4000 :). My mates gave it to me saying you cant make a Corolla hot so im trying to show them.. Already have been shocked by how friendly everyone is here and have picked up a few tips. I will be the first one to come out and say i have no idea about cars as this is my first.

So basically im just going for looks and then performance will come later, im aiming to get the pre face lift Sportivo bodykit. But im assuming that on the skirts it will have Sportivo badged on?

What would you recommend to get my ZZE122R looking smooth? Also its Burgundy colored so what color rims would suit?

cheers

ZZE122 Levins have the same kit as the sportivo's minus the badge. available from toyota but not cheap. Look after market for one would be the best bet.

Wow that's a nice price!

Welcome to the forums.

Have a look at the 'Members Rides' section of the forum. You will get an idea of how a done up corolla may look.

Cheers guys, mate im in love with your car its brilliant. Rang around couple of the dealers here on the south coast and one told me that they couldn't get the kit in at all. And another will quote me on a price but im thinking it will be more than the market value. Might just have to head up to Sydney and scope out a good aftermarket place.

Anyway thanks for welcoming me and i am looking forward to learning off you all.

do you have hatch or sedan?Try new gel body styling in Canberra 02 62804712 .

I have the Hatch, thanks ill try that. Apparently the wheel place in Tempe in Sydney is the place to go for cheap rims. I have a silly silly question but ill still ask would a CRX bodykit fit on the Corolla?

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 Toyota Corolla ZZE1 22R Ascent which i picked up with 70 thousands kms from my parents for $ 4000 :). My mates gave it to me saying you cant make a Corolla hot so im trying to show them.. Already have been shocked by how friendly everyone is here and have picked up a few tips. I will be the first one to come out and say i have no idea about cars as this is my first.

So basically im just going for looks and then performance will come later, im aiming to get the pre face lift Sportivo bodykit. But im assuming that on the skirts it will have Sportivo badged on?

What would you recommend to get my ZZE122R looking smooth? Also its Burgundy colored so what color rims would suit?

cheers

gold rims way to go, look up trdsaads's ride..

or simply look @ my siggy, 1st car on the right with gold rims..

do you have hatch or sedan?Try new gel body styling in Canberra 02 62804712 .

I have the Hatch, thanks ill try that. Apparently the wheel place in Tempe in Sydney is the place to go for cheap rims. I have a silly silly question but ill still ask would a CRX bodykit fit on the Corolla?

Pretty sure the CRX bodykit wouldnt fit on the corolla. Least i havent heard of anyone doing it before.

pretty simple mate ..... this site has everything u can pretty purchase ..... and since u've saved so much cash on the car ...... leaves plenty for the mods ;) ;) ;)

http://www.trc-tuning.com/_products/_toyot...la_e12_body.htm

my personal favorite for the facelift

p.s. without some major mods to the kit i highly doubt a CRX kit will fit a rolla

_trc_e12_frontwings_01f.jpg

_trc_corolla_runx_04f.jpg

_trc_corolla_runx_05f.jpg

_trc_corolla_runx_02f.jpg

xoom how much were your TRD Sports T3 Rims? I picked up the Sportivo Full Bodykit for 1030 just to get them in. Now i have to find a cheap panel beater to install and spray.

Also if i want to lower my car should i get a new suspension or just keep it stock?

Edited by davecw

ZZE122 Levins have the same kit as the sportivo's minus the badge. available from toyota but not cheap. Look after market for one would be the best bet.

The kits are different between the Levin and the Sportivo. The Levin front lip is 2 piece and isn't as pronounced. The side skirts on the Sportivo are are slightly taller.

The badge wont come attached as they come unpainted, so you will still need to buy the badge if you want one. The Levin body kit is about half the price of the Sportivo body kit too.