Cant find a cold air intake for my 1996 AE102X corolla anywhere???

Hey im looking for a Cold air intake for my car. Its a 96 AE102X corolla seca csx. The engine is a 7AFE 1.8L.........if that helps :unsure:

Is there anyone that knows where i can find a CAI system for my car (in australia ofcourse)

If your got the same car as me have a one already installed, could you let me know what brand it is

cheers

I've got one in my AE112, gotta make them yourself mate...

No one makes them...

You can either get the pipes made up and attach your filter to the end or just run a flexible plastic tubing from the front bar to the airbox / filter...

I've got one in my AE112, gotta make them yourself mate...

No one makes them...

You can either get the pipes made up and attach your filter to the end or just run a flexible plastic tubing from the front bar to the airbox / filter...

Well thats good to know :rolleyes: thanks heaps from wasting more time looking around for a complete CAI system :D

any ideal places for a newbie to get one around penrith? The pod is easy to get. because their availiable everywhere.

Im more concerned about the rest of the stuff.

Im not much of an car person (knowledge wise) :P but from looking into it i recon i can bolt one on my car myself.

Can someone tell me:

1.if i should get a steal pipe or a flexible plastic tubing?

2.where in penrith i can get one?

I'm running a pod filter in the guard behind the front bumper, where the resonator sits in the stock intake. From that, there's an alloy pipe that runs from the pod through the hole in the guard next to the battery straight to the part of the stock pipe that runs from the t/b to the stock airbox. Doing it this way means that you have to shift your battery (and modify the clamp to keep it held down, I'm only using cable ties at the moment), but it also means you only need one simple bend in the pipe. There's a hole in the pipe too for the bung + intake air temp sensor that normally plugs into the airbox, so it still all works as a proper CAI.

P1060137.jpg

P1060143.jpg

hey everyone i dont know if this could be it but i found this kit.

ITS A SHORT RAM INTAKE.....IS THAT THE SAME THING AS A COLD AIR INTAKE????? :blink:

if not whats the difference?

have a squiz at the link and let me know :huh:

http://aspecproducts.com/images.asp?theid=634

OH YEH im gooooooooodd :clap:

i found a CAI kit for my car :lol:

If anyone knows what this brand is like can they let me know?

have a look

:rolleyes:

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/prod...b721aa7b38923a0

http://www.coldairintakedirect.com/perform...mp;part_name=15

much appreciated

A Short Ram Intake is absolutely useless as far as a cold air intake goes, it's basically a pod and a short bit of pipe sitting in the engine bay sucking in all that hot air. It's mostly a marketing gimmick that uses the name of an induction technique from the sixties and seventies on American muscle cars (the Ram Air ones with the bonnet scoops, like the GTO), and really only increases induction noise and could actually lose power over a stock intake with decent panel filter.