KX-R 2WD KLUGER TOWBAR

John H

Has any one changed towbar ball height on a genuine Toyota Kluger factory fitted towbar by changing tongue position from up position to down position ? Original height of approx 23 inches is to high for Jayco camper trailer, require about 19 inches.

By reversing towbar tongue to lower position, 19 inch height would be achieved and camper trailer would be level.

Problem is label on towbar states use in up position.

Toyota dealership said you carn,t reverse KX-R towbar tongue to lower towball height. (May void warranty and car/caravan insurance)

So what do I do to achieve lower towball height of 19 inches to allow camper trailer to sit level?

Replace brand new, never used Genuine Toyota Kluger towbar and replace it with a new Hayman Reece towbar that towbar tongue can be reversed to achieve lower towball height?

Has any one had this problem?

I was just looking at mine today thinking the same thing - I fear the towball height will be too high for both my boat and the horsefloat... Figured I could just turn the tongue over, but obviously it's not going to be that easy <_<

By-the-way welcome!! :)

Edited by holmesie

As they are slide in towbars, you can purchase after market ones which you can change the height of where the towbar goes. I wouldnt use the normal one upsidedown, but these aftermarket ones are designed for different heights. I think they go as much as 4 inches lower than normal or something. They slide straight into where your genuine one comes out, so therefore shouldnt void any warranty i dont think.