trd suspension

simonxxx

hi everbody

i'm new here

i got a Aurion zr6 and i want to change the suspension

would you guys suggest me to use the trd aurion suspension ( toyota service department give me the price $ 2000 )

or you got other suggestion like coilovers?

thanks

:help:

the TRD suspension is pretty impressive,

Ive had zeal coilovers and other brands in the past, they handled great but the ride quality wasnt always the best

TRD suspension offers the perfect mix of ride quality and handling ability i think

Probably able to get a similar result with aftermarket parts though, might be more of a gamble though

The TRD suspension does work very well. I will only be looking at a thicker rear sway bar for mine in the future.
the TRD suspension is pretty impressive,

Ive had zeal coilovers and other brands in the past, they handled great but the ride quality wasnt always the best

TRD suspension offers the perfect mix of ride quality and handling ability i think

Probably able to get a similar result with aftermarket parts though, might be more of a gamble though

What is wrong with the ZR6 (which I assume is the same as the SX6) suspensions? Granted that they're not stiff as, but the reason for that is at the end of the day, its still a family car, so some comfort needed there. However, having said that, they're still pretty good for a good hard fang.

I wouldn't look to changing the suspensions, rather, I'd be looking at changing the sway bar bushes to urethane - although I haven't been under the car since I got the car..LOL (Not this one baby).

If I really have to, I'd just up the spring rates by a couple of kgs, thats about it.

dont forget that the difference between the zr6 and the trd in terms of handling is not only the suspension, but the chassis has been strengthened as well...

just something to keep in mind.. :)

And what chassis strengthening might that be? A 4 point roll cage with H-Brace underbody bracing with subframe connectors and rear strut brace maybe? Or maybe a fully seam-welded shell is used instead ? Your TRD Aurion chassis is no stiffer than the Sportivo it started life as.

oh really??

so this guy from trd must be talking **** then...

:rolleyes:

no where did i say that its has "A 4 point roll cage with H-Brace underbody bracing with subframe connectors and rear strut brace maybe? Or a fully seam-welded shell"... the chassis has been strengthened... but not in the OMG I'M SO HECTIK CAUSE I'VE GOT A STRUT BRACE kinda way...

and i never said that it was a HUGE amount of stiffening, but there is an improvement over the standard car... :)

Edited by SecaBoy

Ah, knew you would point to that clip.

That rear aluminium bumper is standard on all US Camry's, developed because of the US safety design rules. In fact, they have a front aluminium bumper as well.

For the TRD Aurion, the rear aluminium bumper is available only on the 3500 SL, not the 3500 S.

As for chassis stiffening, it does sweet FA. Does provide additional protection in the event of a front/rear end collision. Why did they bother ? Heard of "Marketing"?

Before you start pointing to the bracing behind the rear seat back and front strut brace, they are standard even on the humble Camry Sportivo. B)