Little help

OK... first the problem:

I have just come back from filling the sportivo up with BP ultimate and about half way back (on a 15km trip) the sportivo all of a sudden just feels gutless. 5th and 6th feels completely ****... and at around 100km/h if i try to squeeze the accelerator a little more it feels like its holding back and shunting forward... similar to how you would expect it to respond if you were in 5th gear doing 40km/h trying to accelerate. Same with take off from 1st. It just feels as sluggish as hell.... have to rev the **** out of it to take off. It just feels WAYYYYYYYY down.

Ok... so my questions are:

Could it be a really bad batch of fuel? Or are these symptoms not consistant with a bad batch of fuel?

What else could it be? I did have a pretty bad 1st -> 2nd shift on the way home (crunched pretty bad), but it wasn't until i got a lot further down the road that i noticed it... and that wouldn't expain why its sluggish through the rest of the gears (i don't think).

I took a listen to it and i can't hear anything out of the ordinary. The only thing that could possibly sound different is when i turn it off when i am standing outside the car it makes a whooshing type noise. This could be normal, just that i haven't actually ever stood outside the car when its been turned off before.

Sorry i can't explain it any better... but as i've said before... i'm not that mechanically minded. I'm suspecting that its petrol seeing as though the nature that it just kicked in half way home. I figure that by the time it mixed through the petrol that was in there from the last time around that it would start kicking in half way home. Perhaps i'm wrong and its more serious... but can someone let me know if thats what it would most likely be? I've heard of bad batches of petrol before, but never had any and this is pretty bad... and i didn't expect it to feel this bad just from a bad batch of petrol... if you know what i mean, which is why it makes me wonder if its not something else.

Cheers in advance guys...

mate id say u just got some bad fuel, the whooshin noise u hear is just the intake sucking air.................. but next time u can put some different fuel and see how it goes

good luck

Briony

Hmmm well... i dunno now. Just took it for another spin and she is back to pulling like normal now. I dunno... perhaps the ECU or something had a temporary heart attack. I'm just trying to ignore the similarities to the other thread at the moment :P

Sorry guys.. feel free to ignore this now, unless you have experienced something similar or might know what it was. If it does it again I think i'll play the safe option and drop it back in at Toyota for a quick inspection, because it was definitely not normal!

yeah i had this issue the first month i had my stivo it was slugish nearly everytime i filled it up and it turned out it had nothing to do with fuel itself. it was actually the fuel regulator so under warranty toyota replaced it and i havnt had a problem since hope this helps.

i run BP ultimate all the time

best fuel on the market

( besides avgas lol )

My car somtimes surges in high gears too, below 3000rpm. But it is either the car is not warmed enough or the weather is hot as hell. Are you also using aftermarket air filters? The TRD CAI makes a loud wooshing sound when you turn the ignition off.

Hi Guys.... I'm new to the site.... i have a similar problem with my car lately aswell... whenever i'm under 4,000 rpm and try to speed up... the whole car feels like it is free reving.... is this a major problem????

Hi Guys.... I'm new to the site.... i have a similar problem with my car lately aswell... whenever i'm under 4,000 rpm and try to speed up... the whole car feels like it is free reving.... is this a major problem????

hey Fut80, welcome 2 the site, it almost sounds like ur clutch is slipping, does it do it all the time or only every now and than?

Briony

Confirmed 2day that the clutch is gone and have to get a new one.... Anybody know which brand i should go with??? and if i decide to change my flywheel aswell... wat sort of result would i get.... good or bad???

exedy clutch and JUN fly wheel as execdy do most manufactuer/performance apps any way

i have been told this is prob the best combo.

other wise TRD and toms

please correct me if i am wrong guys that have done it

Hi Fut80,

welcome to the forum......i have gone the TRD clutch & TOMS flywheel option.

but if dollars are an issue then Luke's (aka influx's) suggestion is probably better as i think they are cheaper ?

Luke are they cheaper ?

With the TOMS flywheel though bear in mind you will get that ringing noise when ur starting the car.

Do u get this with yours Luke ?

Dave (aka Screaminrolla) put another brand in. I think it was a fidanza flywheel and i think an excedy clutch? and he doesnt seem to get the ringing noise when starting the car. Also cheaper than TRD & TOMS.

So u c some of us have gone different options and i havent had any issues with mine and i havent heard the others complaining about their's so i think u'll b right which ever way u go.

cheers

Bill

p.s. ur clutch is gone already :blink::blink: must have something to do with the fact that the clutch sucks n not ur driving :lol::lol::lol: