Merlot Red Kluger - after some TLC, now added some extra candlepower

holmesie

Well it was raining when I picked up the car new last Friday, but today I finally got to wash and wax it properly. I also treated the seat leather as mentioned in another Kluger thread.

I like to use Meguiars Rich leather conditioner inside, and Meguiars Tech Wax outside. On the glass I use California Custom's M-Ron glass polish, and their Purple metal polish on the nudgebar and sidesteps... It all came up a treat, and the outside gloss is fantastic

FWIW I have owned the Kluger 9 days, but already it's managed to rack up 1,000k's - lucky fuel is cheap! <_<

Anyway I had to snap some pics in the front paddock before it got dirty again... Enjoy B)

IMGP1779Large.jpg

IMGP1802Large.jpg

IMGP1782Large.jpg

IMGP1792Large.jpg

Edited by holmesie

Veddy Naice!!

Im yet to go through mine with a fine tooth comb yet, to busy with work then all this weekend in Sydney for the Awards Night + drinkies. Racked up 800kms so far & cant be happier.

Kluger does look extremely good. Where's the interior pics?

Well it was raining when I picked up the car new last Friday, but today I finally got to wash and wax it properly. I also treated the seat leather as mentioned in another Kluger thread.

I like to use Meguiars Rich leather conditioner inside, and Meguiars Tech Wax outside. On the glass I use California Custom's M-Ron glass polish, and their Purple metal polish on the nudgebar and sidesteps... It all came up a treat, and the outside gloss is fantastic

FWIW I have owned the Kluger 9 days, but already it's managed to rack up 1,000k's - lucky fuel is cheap! <_<

Anyway I had to snap some pics in the front paddock before it got dirty again... Enjoy B)

IMGP1779Large.jpg

IMGP1802Large.jpg

IMGP1782Large.jpg

IMGP1792Large.jpg

looks awsome holmesie...gave mine a good once over when i got home from work today (after giving the interior leather the condition as discussed) i use the same Meguiars Rich leather conditioner inside, and Meguiars NXT wash, haven't really gone crazy on the windows yet but i am going to try the California Custom. I am considering using Meg's NXT tech wax to protect the paint...does it take long??? because if it is the same as polishing normally I will have to consider....I will let u know.

BTW, my number plate is VERY close to yours.

BTW, I have had my grande 5 weeks and i have done 2500kms :angry:

I will post some pics this week.

Thanks Paul, I will put some in the gallery at some stage :)

I am considering using Meg's NXT tech wax to protect the paint...does it take long??? because if it is the same as polishing normally I will have to consider....I will let u know.

I find the Tech wax very easy to apply and then buff off. Seems much easier than the traditional polishes that I used to use. Does anyone remember Turtle Wax? Went on easy enough, but was a right ***** to buff off :rolleyes:

Cheers

Thanks Paul, I will put some in the gallery at some stage :)
I am considering using Meg's NXT tech wax to protect the paint...does it take long??? because if it is the same as polishing normally I will have to consider....I will let u know.

I find the Tech wax very easy to apply and then buff off. Seems much easier than the traditional polishes that I used to use. Does anyone remember Turtle Wax? Went on easy enough, but was a right ***** to buff off :rolleyes:

Cheers

to apply do you use those meguires foamy applicator thingys???

I used the round foam pads a couple of times, but now I just use a folded terry-towelling cloth (aka nappy) as I can put the wax on quicker with the larger surface area!

I used the round foam pads a couple of times, but now I just use a folded terry-towelling cloth (aka nappy) as I can put the wax on quicker with the larger surface area!

Great color! I got the same color for my KRX :).

If you have paint protection on your kluger, probably should not wax it.

IMGP1779Large.jpg

IMGP1802Large.jpg

IMGP1782Large.jpg

IMGP1792Large.jpg

1 of those pics would be ideal in the 2009 calander :toast: good work!!

I didn't get paint protection, I don't mind doing all the work myself!! Although there is a damn sight more surface area on the Kluger to wax than my last few cars - the novelty could fast wear off <_<

Thanks! Is there actually a calendar produced by the forum? DO we have to submit pics?

Cheers

Edited by holmesie

I have a 5 day old merlot grande - that I love (our 3rd kluger)

It has a very minor scratch on the passenger door - opened onto metal - not deep and about the size of an orange seed but need some colour polish.

Not my area of expertise at all....

Any suggestions?

kl, if that happened to me I'd be breaking open the little bottle of touch-up paint that should have come with your Kluger (assuming the paint is chipped)? or is it just discoloured?

Cheers

Edited by holmesie

I didn't get paint protection, I don't mind doing all the work myself!! Although there is a damn sight more surface area on the Kluger to wax than my last few cars - the novelty could fast wear off <_<

Thanks! Is there actually a calendar produced by the forum? DO we have to submit pics?

Cheers

Cheers

sorry about the last post - not sure what I did :)

I think it is a very fine hairline scratch as opposed to a chip . I am relucant to use the paint as it is so fine I thinkit would be easy to make it look worse than it already does.

To be honest most people wouldn't notice it - it is just that I know it is there.....

thanks for the quick reply

hmm it almost sounds like a case for some cutting compound, and then repolishing and waxing that area - but I'm VERY wary about using this on metallic paint and without seeing the scratch it's hard to know exactly what I would do in your case! (other than be very p***ed off and demand that heads roll :spiteful: )

Edited by holmesie

Cheers

Cheers

yep we will be producing a 2009 calender we will throw up an official thread in about a month or so so production can be complete novemberish i wanna see some klugers in it!!! :toast:

i say we all get together for a kluger only meet and take some happy snaps as a group that way we all get in on the calender. :D

im pretty willing to drive anywhere......how far in the sticks are you from bathurst i love it there.

and who else wants to come???

p.s. we have kids too and bring them on most of our events here

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a round to adding some extra lighting, I like the low and high beam spread of the stock lights, but high really lacks long distance penetration.... not anymore ;)

IMGP1995Medium.jpg

IMGP2003Medium.jpg

IMGP2006Medium.jpg

Edited by holmesie

I have Lightforce 240's on my Triton, and thought the same light would look a little over-sized on the Kluger (that are a bloody BIG light).

These are the 220mm RooLite, so only a little smaller than the LF240, but IMHO are a perfect fit for the Kluger nudgebar. They bolted straight into the existing holes, and I turned the mounting "foot" of the light around so they sit as close as possible to the grille (rather than protrude out the front of the bar)

They seem to perform as well as the Lightforce and are slightly cheaper - so I'm happy!

Cheers

Just over an hour from Bathurst :)

Imagine a lineup of Klugers on the Mount!! :toast:

Andrew you always loved the spot light now you have two!

Looks great and the wife approves as-well