Exhaust shop recommendation in Melbourne

mulla

Hi All,

Can someone recommend a reputable exhaust shop in Melbourne that I can get a custom Y-pipe manufactured and installed on my Gen5.5 Camry? Close to the CBD / inner suburbs would be preferable but am willing to travel too :)

Bear in mind that I'm a total n00b when it comes to cars so I'm a bit worried that if I just go to "anyone" they'll immediately sense that I'm a n00b and being to tell me I have to do things that I don't need to!

Thanks heaps in advance.

dannywss - Understand it can be done in lots of places. Just don't want to end up in a dodgy joint that's going to rip off a n00b like me. Wanting inputs from ppl who has had positive experience in particular places.

Silly-Karr - Thanks, will be sure to check them out first :)

Anyone else have any further recommendations?

Thanks.

Blind Kid Seeks - Thanks! Will add them to my list of places to visit.

Anyone has any further suggestion (might get 3 prices to compare) or if anyone wants me to mention their names when I go ;) I'm more than happy to do that.

Thanks!

you can say you heard from a guy with a white corolla an a forum that his workshop came reccomended. i doubt he'd remember my name. and i doubt he will give you a discount for it... his prices are "no bull****" low.

its a yellow shop front .....

Blind Kid Seeks - Hahaha.... Wasn't really thinking of discounts. Was more thinking of if anyone is a regular customer they might get a discount / in the good books with the shop ;) Then again you normally wouldn't need exhaust work that often :P

Guni - Ahh... So another happy customer :) I'll be sure to check them out!

Thanks everyone that helped out! Hopefully everything will go well and I'll learn something new from this experience!!

• 2 weeks later...

I know a few people that have gone to Glenroy Exhausts in Campbellfield, and they have been awesome to them. Very high quality job and no shifty moves like some places. This place has a lot of trucks going for custom exhausts, so usually if a lot of truckies go there then its bloody good.