KX-R AWD 7 Seater vs KX-S FWD

Snowy68

Hi All,

Am new to the forum. I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand Kluger. I can afford to buy either a KX-R AWD 7 seater or a KX-S FWD. Apart from the odd trip to the snow, most driving will be a combination of city and highway driving + a little bit of towing, nothing huge or too heavy.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Snowy68

Edited by Snowy68

We have a KX-R AWD and LOVE IT :D The AWD was only just and I mean just within our budget but hubby is not a fan of FWD and thought it would handle better etc. We dont go off road at all but I guess its just something you either like or you dont??? On the other hand all the little extras on the KX-S would be nice but our car has more than enough features to keep us happy.

Maybe take the two models for a drive and see which you like best.

Good luck, I am sure you will be happy with either model as they really are a fantastic car

I have a KX-R FWD and a Grande AWD, so I can't tell you exactly which would be better.

If it was myself and I didn't want to go off road at all, I would get the KX-S because:

1. The leather seats and steering wheel are much nicer. I also get a shock getting out of the KX-R depending on what I am wearing and the shoes I have on.

2. The climate control is much better than the manual aircon and it has 3 separate zones.

3. The wheels and tyres look and grip better.

4. The FWD version has better steering feel than the AWD.

My KX-R FWD has a problem with wheelspin, but I can't say whether the KX-S FWD with the better tyres will be any better.

I get much better fuel economy in the KX-R than the Grande, but I don't know how much of that is weight or driveline losses.

The same goes for accelleration. The KX-R is much quicker than the Grande (once it stops spinning).

I like driving both of my cars, and for different reasons. I'm sure you would like either car.

You really need to decide whether you want more practicality or more luxury. (I would get the KX-S)