Paint Code for SILVER

Hi Guys, i'm just bought a new set of eyelid (prime colour). I've been to Autobarn and Repco for a DIY paint but it seems like the paint manual from their shop does not match with the car. Can anyone with tell me what's the best CODE to use for a METALIC SILVER corolla 2003? THANKS. Martin

hahahah the paint code is on the plates on your car inside the engine bay...... try looking there

I found the plate with all the codes on the frame of the passenger door on my 05 Sportivo.

Be careful, as I had trouble finding the right one too, there are 2 different silvers. 'Silver Glaze' is Pre-Facelift and 'Sterling Silver' is the facelift colour.

It is definitely on Autobarn's computer, I had some mixed up last weekend.

hahahah the paint code is on the plates on your car inside the engine bay...... try looking there

I found the plate with all the codes on the frame of the passenger door on my 05 Sportivo.

Be careful, as I had trouble finding the right one too, there are 2 different silvers. 'Silver Glaze' is Pre-Facelift and 'Sterling Silver' is the facelift colour.

Yup, thanks for the reply. I've tried looking inside the engine bay. it's definately a 199. According to Autobarn, it's a 'metalic Silver' ( CODE = PJ9042) which he believe that the paint will not come out the same colour as the car. that's why i'd like to reconfirm with the forum which paint code to buy (ie ; PJ XXXX) to get the same effect.

Yup, thanks for the reply. I've tried looking inside the engine bay. it's definately a 199. According to Autobarn, it's a 'metalic Silver' ( CODE = PJ9042) which he believe that the paint will not come out the same colour as the car. that's why i'd like to reconfirm with the forum which paint code to buy (ie ; PJ XXXX) to get the same effect.

Send SILVABULLIT a pm mate, Im sure he had some made up for his 03 model at some point.

thanks for the tips, i've pm-ed SILVABULLIT.

Anyone else have done a DIY silver paint before? Also, if i get a rear skirt painted DIY, would it be risky that the colour turn out patchy / imbalance?

thanks for the tips, i've pm-ed SILVABULLIT.

Anyone else have done a DIY silver paint before? Also, if i get a rear skirt painted DIY, would it be risky that the colour turn out patchy / imbalance?

I was planning to DIY my rear skirt too, didn't think its would be that hard because it is just silver paint.

i spoke to a mate who is a mobile detailer and he reckons if i DIY it was be very hard to match the paint with the car itself.

probably best take it to a pro that has a baking room. will turn out nice and shmick!

Painting metallics is quite tricky as there is a lot of things you must do before you start painting or you will end up withe the patchy paint job where you have areas of high concentrate metallic and some with next to none.

for big things like skirts etc take it to a panel shop. Baked in a booth is the only way to go as the paint is tougher and you get even colour.

Painting metallics is quite tricky as there is a lot of things you must do before you start painting or you will end up withe the patchy paint job where you have areas of high concentrate metallic and some with next to none.

for big things like skirts etc take it to a panel shop. Baked in a booth is the only way to go as the paint is tougher and you get even colour.

That was pretty much exactly what i meant but you just made it sound more pro :)

That was pretty much exactly what i meant but you just made it sound more pro :)

Yeah, let's get a quote and paint it together!