Corolla Sportivo - Cruise Control

A friend had one on their sportivo. I actually think it was fitted prior to being sold new from it's original dealership. From memory he never had anything bad to say. Long distance driving in the 'tivo kills your right foot after all. He went awol, but I'll try and track him down to ask him about it.

A friend had one on their sportivo. I actually think it was fitted prior to being sold new from it's original dealership. From memory he never had anything bad to say. Long distance driving in the 'tivo kills your right foot after all. He went awol, but I'll try and track him down to ask him about it.

excellent cheers mate.

Would love to get one in.. be sure to ask if his Car is the "Drive by Wire" variation.... which is a simple plug and play... however the sportivo's as you no doubt know are cable throttles... so need the full actuator and clutch switch system.

I had one in my Sportivo and also installed one in JC's sportivo without any issues.

Sounds like Northy is the man to see. I have one in my Sportivo (it was in it when i got it, so I am useless re: install advice), and I think it works fine. The stalk doesn't look quite "factory" - but that would be my only criticism. I can't see a brand on mine anywhere.

Cheers,

Nath.

Mr North speaks the truth. From memory the cruise in my car was installed in another members sportivo as a factory option. I think the brand is Spartan?

The unit consists of the brain box which hides up under the dash, the brake switch, clutch switch and the infa-red control which attaches to the steering wheel. There is a small sensor that mounts near where you put the key in the ignition.

DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT rely on taking note of what colour the wires are if you remove a system from another sportivo to put in yours. My unit came out of an 05 Sportivo and we installed it in my 05 Sportivo. The conversations were something like this:

Joe: That one goes to the purple wire

Corey: There are 13 purple wires going into this plug

and so on and so forth.

The only other thing to be aware of is that you will most likely need to remove your strut brace to mount the box in the engine bay. Be very careful that where you mount this box does not impede the strut brace being re-fitted . . . . . eh Corey? :huh:

One other thing we did discover during the install process is that it is physically impossible for a human being to not laugh if they are arched backwards over the drivers side door sill . . . . . I still chuckle, try it sometime. :toast:

I have attached some pics of the main bits to give you an idea of the kit. There are no pics of up under the dash as I am too fat and lazy. Besides, if I broke into laughter (see above) there would be no one there to drag me out of the car.

Steering Wheel Controls

Infa-Red Sensor

Engine Bay

Throttle Body

Edited by -JC-

I had one in my Sportivo and also installed one in JC's sportivo without any issues.

the one jc got installed was the one that northy removed from my car

which was fitted pre-delivery - i think the only words on the visible components were "cruise control".... very useful...

p.s. i really should read the whole thread before posting - read jc's post above

Edited by HDACHE

• 3 weeks later...

Got an aftermarket put in mine when I bought it.

Fully Electronic with Steering Wheel mounted controls.

Would not be without it. My Sportivo has taken the wife and I right around Tassy and also all the way to Nth Qld and back.

It makes long distance driving so much more pleasant and you do avoid speed creep as your accelerator pedal foot gets tired.

Toyota should have put them in as standard.