CAI on a 96 seca csx

hey everyone.

im a bloke on his green plates driving a AE102x corolla seca csx 1.8L auto

i love the look of this cold air induction kit i found in repco for 69 bucks.

what i would like to know is this. what will it do to my car if i put one on? like it make the revs faster or anything. im thinking if i should do some small mods to the car.

any input would be appreciated

cheers

it will sound grouse

Second that, I have a K&N Pod on my ae101 and when you sink the boot in it makes a wicked induction noise!! To answer your question about what difference it will make... not much to a N/A motor of 2L and below (unless your original airbox and filter is that clogged with stuff it cant induct properly). All that said it will give you a slight performance improvement, a quicker response time in acceleration and could also improve fuel economy.

But the reason I got one is for awesome induction noises!!! :yahoo: Oh and if you buy one make sure you have a heat shield to go around it so as to stop all that hot engine air from being sucked up defeating the purpose of Cold Air Induction. Hope this helps.

If you want to do it properly, do it like this, with the pod in the guard:

P1060137.jpg

P1060143.jpg

And before anyone says anything, yes the battery is still held down by cable-ties :P

However, I see you have an auto. In which case, don't bother. The autos are such slugs that they'll still be slow no matter what you do to them

If you want to do it properly, do it like this, with the pod in the guard:

P1060137.jpg

P1060143.jpg

And before anyone says anything, yes the battery is still held down by cable-ties :P

However, I see you have an auto. In which case, don't bother. The autos are such slugs that they'll still be slow no matter what you do to them

woot thanks for posting those up Hiro... pics I so needed to see :D Was going to go down to CES for quote to get CAI done but now you gave me better idea :D

Is your pipe all one piece running to the pod?

Is your pipe all one piece running to the pod?

Yep, single piece of pipe with a single bend in it where the pipe hits the guard. There's a hole in the guard there where the stock resonator sits, basically you remove everything upstream of the airbox (airbox inclusive) and replace it with that single pipe and a pod. To make sure the pod gets airflow, you can take out one of the bolts holding the splashguard in, that way it acts as a kinda scoop underneath the front bumper.