1985 Toyota Celica

Silly

hey eveyone this is my first car, im only on my learners so its a fun car for my first, enjoy the pictures

btw, if anyone knows where to get 3S-GE engines from please let me know as mine is on its way out thanks

3s-GE engine is ok but if you got the extra coin dump an SR-20 in the chassi can handle it and it's a lot better engine :D prob can't say that though as it isn't a toyota engine oh well!!!

hey eveyone this is my first car, im only on my learners so its a fun car for my first, enjoy the pictures

btw, if anyone knows where to get 3S-GE engines from please let me know as mine is on its way out thanks

3s-GE engine is ok but if you got the extra coin dump an SR-20 in the chassi can handle it and it's a lot better engine :D prob can't say that though as it isn't a toyota engine oh well!!!

First time I've ever seen an SR20 mentioned as an engine for a ST162. And saying it's a lot better engine is a load of crap, the 3SGE is extremely capable and well supported by aftermarket component manufacturers. Sure, the first-gen engine found in the 162 ain't flash, but neither is an old SR20DE. Both became a lot better with age, although logic should dictate that you stick with the 3S as everything just bolts in. SR20 conversion is pointless as it raises sooo many issues to be dealt with (completely custom mounts, wiring, intake, exhaust, gearbox etc) for no real gain over a proper 3SGE.

Mmmmm I had a 4th gen as 1st car too, loved it to bits, still love the shape.

With the 3s, just make sure the engine is not starved of oil, then the will last ages.

You can find 3SGE's from toyota based wreckers, they usually suffer bottomend problems.

There have been many revisions since your one, each one better than the next.

Best option if you do replace is one from a 88-89 facelift 4th gen, easiest vs newest

but you can always get a 2nd gen 3sge from the sw20 mr2s or imported 18x celicas

3sgte is big trouble but worth it.

ozcelica.com can help ya more as well!

mrdau : http://www.importtuner.com/features/0706_i...sgte/index.html