Question about headlight and rim.

KHIEM

after a couple of days, try washing the car and find out?

id probebly be on the safe side and reapply the autosol after a few months or so... but if it stays clear then you wouldnt need to worry anymore :P glad you sorted it out man.

after a couple of days, try washing the car and find out?

id probebly be on the safe side and reapply the autosol after a few months or so... but if it stays clear then you wouldnt need to worry anymore :P glad you sorted it out man.

Cheers mate :).

But then autosol just only makes the scratches invisible, not removing them?

The scratches are gone. Autosol is a polishing compound. So it works like REALLY REALLY REALLY fine sandpaper. The scratches won't come back unless you decide to sand your headlights again, heh. But your headlights might yellow or haze up in the future. So just grab the autosol and polish it again! Please note though, each time you polish it using autosol, you're cutting the plastic thinner and thinner.

Btw! Headlights are looking great! Good job! :toast:

The scratches are gone. Autosol is a polishing compound. So it works like REALLY REALLY REALLY fine sandpaper. The scratches won't come back unless you decide to sand your headlights again, heh. But your headlights might yellow or haze up in the future. So just grab the autosol and polish it again! Please note though, each time you polish it using autosol, you're cutting the plastic thinner and thinner.

Btw! Headlights are looking great! Good job! :toast:

Thanks KT668,

Yea, i think i have read somewhere saying that everytime we polish anything, we are eating away some of the surface paint so yea, its getting thiner and thiner. But do you think if I buy a headlight protector, which is simply a piece of plastic to place on top of the headlight will prevent it from being yellow or cloudy? or at least it prolong the time when i have to re-polish the headlight.

Thanks

I use to have the genuine headlight protectors on the headlamps. Once i removed it, it had this pretty bad haze on the actual headlight themselves. I haven't put my headlight protectors back on ever since.

I doubt the protectors will prevent it from yellowing or hazing, but instead add to the hazing.

I use to have the genuine headlight protectors on the headlamps. Once i removed it, it had this pretty bad haze on the actual headlight themselves. I haven't put my headlight protectors back on ever since.

I doubt the protectors will prevent it from yellowing or hazing, but instead add to the hazing.

After polishing two of them, i still think that the left one is not as clear as the right one, so if i keep polishing it, it'll become clearer and clearer right? (knowing that its becoming thinner and thinner heheh)

So do u think if I keep polish my headlight in a period of say 4 or 5 years, will i loose my headlight tootallly :(... cos its getting thinner :(

LOL, you're cutting away very very thin layers each time. So unless you buff it EVERY HOUR of EVERYDAY each year, i would say no it would not be gone after 4-5years. Don't worry mate, your headlights ain't going to run off to anywhere anytime soon! =)

Just polish it in nice circles with moderate force, you don't need to apply TOO much force when polishing. Continuous rubs in circles will buff out all the scratches etcetc.

LOL, you're cutting away very very thin layers each time. So unless you buff it EVERY HOUR of EVERYDAY each year, i would say no it would not be gone after 4-5years. Don't worry mate, your headlights ain't going to run off to anywhere anytime soon! =)

Just polish it in nice circles with moderate force, you don't need to apply TOO much force when polishing. Continuous rubs in circles will buff out all the scratches etcetc.

Cheers mate,

I would like to ask about the RIM paiting as well. I saw a Crash repair shop near my place (STC Crash repairer) having Spray Painting something (in their advertising), will they paint RIMs? I want my RIMS to be black but do you guy thing my car will look cook with black rim? Its color is SHIMMER, according to the registration. I dont know if black rims will look good with that color.

Cheers mate,

I would like to ask about the RIM paiting as well. I saw a Crash repair shop near my place (STC Crash repairer) having Spray Painting something (in their advertising), will they paint RIMs? I want my RIMS to be black but do you guy thing my car will look cook with black rim? Its color is SHIMMER, according to the registration. I dont know if black rims will look good with that color.

id be getting them powder coated not done at a smash repair shop the powder coating will last longer and is antichip but y not put that money instead to some new 17s....