Pod filter in '96 paseo

mart3y

hey everyone.

i'm recently purchased a 1996 paseo. my mate gave me a K&N pod filter to put in it, but i'm not sure where to put it.

i've attached a picture of the engine, i was thinking of mounting it behind the right headlight but i'm not sure.

and also the second attachment, the air temp reader (atleast thats what i think it is..if someone could tell me if i'm right about that, that'd be great.) where would i put that when putting the pod filter in?

also will i need to make a heat shield for the filter?

any other suggestions/help would be great.

thanks

marty

post-10378-1222926913_thumb.jpg

post-10378-1222927016_thumb.jpg

Best solution is to get a K&N panel filter which fits right into the standard box and this will increase flow/filtration. Getting a pod filter wouldn't do much because of all the surrounding heat.

As for getting a cold air intake, you would more than likely need custom piping done and im sure it would set you back $270+

thanks for the replies random hero and tripper.

i looked at the panel filters earlier,

will they make any slightly noticeable change to the performance like a pod filter would?

and yeah the pod filter will be very difficult to fit if i go with it over the panel.

will they make any slightly noticeable change to the performance like a pod filter would?

and yeah the pod filter will be very difficult to fit if i go with it over the panel.

Your car might accelerate a bit quicker due to the increased airflow (especially if you have a rather blocked filter in there at the moment). Your fuel economy should go up a little bit too, but not a considerable amount.

I had to fit a pod as my original air intake had snapped off at the plenum and I regret it immensely. It sounds terrible and makes my car defectable, which for a P plater is not what you want. I'm trying to source a stock airbox and intake to try and modify for a bit more performance at the moment, if anybody has one around the Logan area I'd be very interested :P

You will find better performance with the panel filter. Although any of these mods wont give ou a significant difference, just minor.