MODIFIED GRILL

BONDIE

Well ive been busy in my shed today. Ripped off the front end, modified a grill and tried to attach it. Well after a bit of mucking around and a couple of trips to Bunnings ive fitted it to the lower part of the front mouth of the front bumper. Below are some quick photos. But the front bumper isnt bolted back on yet. Just sitting there to see what it will look like.

Once ive attached the front bumper, and black out some bits on the grill. Ill post some proper photo's, of the finished product.

Awesome. Looks pretty good Bondie.

Reminds me, Ill have to do something with my lower grill...like cut out the pieces and mesh behind it...

AurionSept08038s-1.jpg

This is something i did up on paint. Its what i mean by blacking out some of the grill. Which one do you guys like. The first pics, or this grill blacked out.

Still tossing up whether to do it or not.

Definitely do not black out the grill (with the exception of the two bits in the centre at the top that you were telling me about). Blacking it out makes the car look like it is grinning, especially with the lower one. It's hard to explain, but the way I see it when blacked out looks fun not aggressive. Like if I were to look at the following photo, I can see the car 'grinning' as well (but with more aggression):

6.jpg

Interesting. I liked the blacked out version because it looked a "happier" vehicle. :)

lol, At first I didnt know what you guys were talking about. I was like "eh"

But now i see it. (tomas the tank engine style) The second picture is smiling alright, pulling huge cheesey ones. I didnt even notice. I think your right, way to happy, for my liking.

.....................Quick edit: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn now thats all i can see when i look at it.

Edited by BONDIE

Interesting. I liked the blacked out version because it looked a "happier" vehicle. :)

But now i see it. (tomas the tank engine style) The second picture is smiling alright, pulling huge cheesey ones. I didnt even notice. I think your right, way to happy, for my liking.

.....................Quick edit: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn now thats all i can see when i look at it.

:) :) :D :D :lol::lol: :) :) :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :D

I don't understand this "aggression" thing. Why would anyone want to be seen as aggressive? Explain it to me please. Seriously.

"Don't worry, be happy". With the current economic climate this may become a very important approach to life in the next year or two for many, many people. Start with the basics...aggressive cars! No such thing. Aggressive drivers...now they're a fact of life.

I don't understand this "aggression" thing. Why would anyone want to be seen as aggressive? Explain it to me please. Seriously.

"Don't worry, be happy". With the current economic climate this may become a very important approach to life in the next year or two for many, many people. Start with the basics...aggressive cars! No such thing. Aggressive drivers...now they're a fact of life.

well arent you just all sunshine and butterflies hehehe :P

how about try this for size? cars that relect the agressivness (maybe only a desire for some) of the driver???

how about try this for size? cars that relect the agressivness (maybe only a desire for some) of the driver???

nah, I'm not...but I don't go out of my way to be the other either. I don't understand your last sentence! ;)

I could understand a 5 foot, 90lb weakling sitting on a cushion at the wheel wanting to improve his profile...sort of a natural thing, but for most of the population it just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by boxerboy

nah, I'm not...but I don't go out of my way to be the other either. I don't understand your last sentence! ;)

I could understand a 5 foot, 90lb weakling sitting on a cushion at the wheel wanting to improve his profile...sort of a natural thing, but for most of the population it just doesn't make sense to me.

**pats "boxerboy" on the top of the head gentally**

its ok... you just dont understand.....

Edited by BONDEE

In my opinion, having a more aggressive stance with the car shows that it means business. Just look at that Viper in my last post. It's like: "I'm gonna eat you". LOL. Having too much of a 'cheesy grin' at the front makes the car look weak. That's just my opinion anyways. A good example of the cheesy grin, you can't go past this:

mazdarx8frontviewem8.jpg

**pats "boxerboy" on the top of the head gentally**

its ok... you just dont understand.....

I understand patronising ;) A pat on the head would bring out some controlled assertiveness in my response.