Does Aurion Rear Seats Fold?

Sharuk

Hi All,

I have tried searching this forum but was not able to find if this was answered already.

I just want to know if the rear seats in the Aurion have a 60/40 fold? Or is there only a small port hole?

Thanks,

Regards,

Sharuk

Hi Sharuk.

Unfortunately the rear seats don't fold down anymore only a small port hole :( and I think its the same with the new camry's as well.

WORD, you're out of luck there mate. I think it's pretty silly but i didn't have a need for the split fold so i wasn't fussed.

correct me if im wrong but i remember reading somewhere that the reason why toyota decided not to have the rear seats fold was to improve the cars' rigidness.

This would be a situation where I would go downstairs and take a photo. Can't quite do that now, so I'll just answer with words. Yes, that is the main reason why there are no folding rear seats. Behind the rear seats you will find some cross-bracing kind of like a big 'V' going from one side to the other.

Edit: This drawing kind of shows part of it.

aurioninternalsbj3.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone.

That is a shame the seats dont fold. I dont always need to fold the seats in my current 99 Camry, however there have been times when I have bought some large items and needed to fold the seats in order to fit it in.

That is a shame the seats dont fold. I dont always need to fold the seats in my current 99 Camry, however there have been times when I have bought some large items and needed to fold the seats in order to fit it in.

I just dun think Sedan is designed to work that way...

Haha.. :lol:

Either get an SUV, borrow others' cars or get it delivered ;)

I just dun think Sedan is designed to work that way...

Haha.. :lol:

Either get an SUV, borrow others' cars or get it delivered ;)

Yep yep, delivery is my preferred option.

I wouldn't let the lack of split fold rear seats be a deciding factor when buying a car. Well, if you're in the market for an Aurion anyway...

I'd rather a more rigid car frame than the ability to carry large items. I don't think I would even want to carry anything that doesn't fit in the car properly for fear of damaging or scratching something!

Remember however that the Aurion does actually have a fair amount of space throughout the car, which is more than you could say for most cars these days that seem to "appear" large, but are actually cramped inside (ie. the older Accord Euro).

I must admit though, we bought a few bookshelves and random pieces of furniture from Ikea a while ago, and managed to fit it all in the Aurion, along with three people. These weren't small bookshelves either - they were tall floor-standing ones! Not really a problem fitting large-ish items in the car. I wouldn't want to do something like try and transport an already assembled shelf however, as that would have some serious problems fitting in an Aurion... or any car for that matter.

:) the aurion boot is pretty impressive, love that its flat to and not up and down like some others

Much better shape then my previous car (accord euro)

folding seats are always handy though for longer items

i know on most bmws its about a $900 option to have rear seats that fold down, as they claim they have to put in additional bracing to account for the bracing removed when folding seats are used

anything to get more money out of you :P

correct me if im wrong, but i thought that it was only the aurion sportivos that have the extra bracing, and all the other models do have a split fold rear seat. i read this in a car mag, and the first toyota brochure for the aurion back in 2006

im struggling to see how they could replace that bracing :s i just cannot picture it in my head so that it still retains the same rigidness.

n e one please enlighten me if possible.

Actually, in the case of folding seats, they can build some bracing into the seats itself. What would happen is that when the seats are upright and locked into place, they provide extra rigidity, but when folded down, a slight amount of this rigidy is lost but not completely as there is probably improved bracing on the frame behind the seats. Of course this would be nowhere near as good as the same car without folding seats, but anything is better than nothing I guess.

correct me if im wrong, but i thought that it was only the aurion sportivos that have the extra bracing, and all the other models do have a split fold rear seat. i read this in a car mag, and the first toyota brochure for the aurion back in 2006

With the Aurions, all have that rear bracing and have no folding seats. The folding seats option between the standard and Sportivo model only applies to the Camry.

i had the same 'problem' too. i ONLY knew that the seats dont fold when i drove 20km+ away from home, and bought 2 200cm+ tree(no leaf, just root n 1 straight branch) and when trying to fit into the car... shxt.. then i found that out..

that's why i still need my old 06 camry, which comes with "folding function"~ *haha

My Grande does. The Aurion for Middle East region has split folding rear seats. M.E. gets the Australian made cars but not the Sportivo models. Strange that there is such difference.

I thought that in Australia, only the Sportivo models had the back bracing and the base and luxury models had the folding rear seats?

Link:

http://www.toyota.com.kw/English/toyota_mo...cifications.asp