For those who use gen toyota oil filters.....

Wixy

Sorry for the double post here. i'm a camry driver, and i posted an exact same thread in the camry forums.

seeing this link i found was specific to people with supra's, i thought it couldnt hurt to share the love and give some supra drivers some guidance in which oil filters they should use.

"Well,

I have finally found some proof, about the construction of toyota filters.

I'm not saying they are bad, they definitely arent, but sometimes for the price you are paying to get a genuine toyota oil filter, $2 to $4 more you can get yourself a far superior oil filter off the shelf.

The oil filter was for a supra, but its the same for camrys, made in the same country - Thailand.

I now know which oil filter to get for my camry. although just a camry, id want it to last for a long long time, oil and oil filter is the life and blood of one's car.

Take your time to read this

Edit: K&N oil filters are rrp $20. steep, but when u use it with an entertainment card (for those that buy the book from charities) voucher that has 20% off, its better than what you can get else where or at the dealers.

Edit: The 'PureOne' filter they are refering to is the Purolator PureOne"

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

mmmm those Genuine filters are quite old Toyota ones that have not been in production for some time now... Most of the vehicles now, Corolla, Aurion, Kluger, Rav4 V6, Tarago V6, Prado V6, LC200/79 TTV8 & Prius all use Cartridge type filters which are both cheaper and better for the environment. Also it's been shown several times over that the Toyota filter has proved to be head and shoulders above not only other manufacturers OEM filters but also aftermarket filters, really why risk it? Especially if your car is relatively new...