Door Trim

Evo7

Hey everyone, i was wondering, how do you remove the front and rear door trim? i tried taking it apart last week, and there seems to be something holding it in the middle, i want to find out what the stock speakers are, and possibly upgrade them.

A step by step guide/tutorial would be very helpful please :D

Evo

Here i got this off the this forum somewhere, theres a guide if you search hard enough.

Front Door Trim

1. Wind the window up and open the door.

2. Remove the window winder. If you don't have the special tool for removing window winders you can use a small rag. If you've got electric windows skip this step.

3. Remove the screw that's hidden behind the square screw cover near the door handle.

4. Remove the upper armrest trim. This is hard plastic and if you've got electric windows this is where the control buttons are. Start at the end towards the door handle. Pull upwards and once this end is loose you can slide the trim forward to free the other end because it's slotted under the lower armrest trim.

5. Remove the lower armrest trim by pulling upwards. This is soft plastic and it's quite flexible.

6. Remove the screws that were hidden by the armrest trims.

7. The door panel is now only held on by plugs that go around the left, right and bottom sides. Start at the bottom corners and pull the panel towards you. Work your way around the sides until the left, right and bottom is free. Lift the door panel up because the top side sits over the door frame."

Back Door trim:

1) Pull off the Armrest cover by grabbing around edges and lifting upwards, they are all clips.

2) Pull Power Window Switch Upwards also and unclip wiring harness from beneath it.

3) Unscrew 2 philipshead screws where the armrest cover was. And 1 screw behind Chrome door handle hidden behind little cover.

4) Grab door trim around the bottom edges and pull Firmly all around the door until the trim is hanging off the window panel.

5) Lift Whole Trim upwards to remove.

Hope this helps

Here i got this off the this forum somewhere, theres a guide if you search hard enough.

Front Door Trim

1. Wind the window up and open the door.

2. Remove the window winder. If you don't have the special tool for removing window winders you can use a small rag. If you've got electric windows skip this step.

3. Remove the screw that's hidden behind the square screw cover near the door handle.

4. Remove the upper armrest trim. This is hard plastic and if you've got electric windows this is where the control buttons are. Start at the end towards the door handle. Pull upwards and once this end is loose you can slide the trim forward to free the other end because it's slotted under the lower armrest trim.

5. Remove the lower armrest trim by pulling upwards. This is soft plastic and it's quite flexible.

6. Remove the screws that were hidden by the armrest trims.

7. The door panel is now only held on by plugs that go around the left, right and bottom sides. Start at the bottom corners and pull the panel towards you. Work your way around the sides until the left, right and bottom is free. Lift the door panel up because the top side sits over the door frame."

Back Door trim:

1) Pull off the Armrest cover by grabbing around edges and lifting upwards, they are all clips.

2) Pull Power Window Switch Upwards also and unclip wiring harness from beneath it.

3) Unscrew 2 philipshead screws where the armrest cover was. And 1 screw behind Chrome door handle hidden behind little cover.

4) Grab door trim around the bottom edges and pull Firmly all around the door until the trim is hanging off the window panel.

5) Lift Whole Trim upwards to remove.

Hope this helps

Thanks, that really helps, but im having trouble removing the window winders, i think there is a clip behind holding it in, how do i remove this clip without breaking the winder? a detailed description would help :D

And then i will be right :D

Thanks

Evo

Edited by Evo7

Hey thanks for all your help, the downfall i found though, if i want to change my speakers, i will need to drill out the stock speakers since they are pop-riveted in.

But its good for me to know how it all comes apart, when i ultimately decide to change the sound system.

Evo