Questions about Varex

BONDIE

Hey Lads and ladettes, wondering if anyone can help me.

What sizes does Varex exhausts come in. (Concerning mouth of the Tip diameters)

The smallest size i can find is 4.5inch.

All Ive found at the moment is the 4.5" (tip dia) round cannon, and the 4.5" oval cannon, and the twin mufflers.

Been on the X-Force website and ebay, and other varex distributors and they seem to have the same size tips. But im sure ive seen a smaller varex version in the past.

Does anybody know if Varex or any other brand that has a controlable muffler, bring out smaller tips.

I just think the big cannons would look too big for my car, as im going for a sleeker look.

My mate has a twin Varex setup installed on his VE SS. You can see the photo of it in the gallery of the Pipewerx website (the first photo). He used the oval style with dual tips. I didn't measure it when I looked at it but up close, it looks no larger than dual 3 inch tips. In person, it doesn't seem overly massive, and I kind of wish that I got that for my Aurion. Fitting it may have been an issue though.

The one I would have like to get for my Aurion is the single tip version, and the XForce website states that it comes in 4 or 4.5 inch tips. The 4 inch tips shouldn't look too overboard I reckon. The ones on my Aurion are 3.5 inch, and I don't think 4 would be too far. But yeah, I'm not a fan of the canon mufflers. Just looks too ricey IMO. I'm questioning whether the oval barrel Varex would fit though since the stock Aurion muffler exits offset from the centre.

Edit: For reference, this is what 3.5 inch tips would look like on the Aurion (well the Sportivo anyways; but the cutout is the same size). So 4 inch shouldn't be too much larger.

Edit 2: Forgot the debadged photo; LOL.

dsc02830lw2.th.jpg dsc02869ln6.th.jpg

My mate has a twin Varex setup installed on his VE SS. You can see the photo of it in the gallery of the Pipewerx website (the first photo). He used the oval style with dual tips. I didn't measure it when I looked at it but up close, it looks no larger than dual 3 inch tips. In person, it doesn't seem overly massive, and I kind of wish that I got that for my Aurion. Fitting it may have been an issue though.

The one I would have like to get for my Aurion is the single tip version, and the XForce website states that it comes in 4 or 4.5 inch tips. The 4 inch tips shouldn't look too overboard I reckon. The ones on my Aurion are 3.5 inch, and I don't think 4 would be too far. But yeah, I'm not a fan of the canon mufflers. Just looks too ricey IMO. I'm questioning whether the oval barrel Varex would fit though since the stock Aurion muffler exits offset from the centre.

Cheers dude, Yeah i was lookin at the 4 inch and i thought sweet. But yeah i reckon that muffler offset might be a problem. I guess thats why Spags went for the cannon style. I had a look under there and i just dont think it would fit. It wouldnt be able to be tucked under, unless i cut my back bumper a new arch, but that can get too messy. Ill have a talk to a exhaust expert, but i think you might be right with that offset.

Maaaan nothing is ever easy. Im going to have a listen to Rowan's set up this week, and will probably just get the supercat mufflers with chrome tips. The boys that have had work done at pipewerx reckon the note they have acheived is a good sound.

Looks like im back on my next modification mission.

Hey is ya car fixed yet. Hope all is going well with it.

Edited by BONDIE

Yeah. Looking at the space under there, it seems like it would not be a simple muffler swap if you were to go for the oval design. I'm sure it could fit with some custom work, but you also run the chance of buying the mufflers only to find out it can't work out. Plus as well, my money is well beyond tight until I finish my course. Maybe then I will have everything completely changed around. Quite a disappointment that I am really picky and could never live with the canons. That's why I went with my cutout. A little messy, but it can't really be seen, so it's fine for me.

As for the repairs, everything seems to be on track for Wednesday. I can't wait to get it back and finally enjoy my new grill. I got 5km of driving with my car after I installed it before the accident. Anyways, I will post my final wording on it all in the other thread after I pick my car up.

There's about 6" of pipe exiting the back of the muffler that bolts on to the centre pipes... be easy enough to knock up a custom piece to compensate for the offset.

Otherwise most popular universal mufflers come with offset & centre options - usually shown as O/C (offset/centre), C/C (centre/centre) etc.etc...

Edited by apg39