looking extractor for zze 122R (Corolla sedan)

which extractors do you think suit for 1zzfe 1.8 vvti engine? 4-1 or 4-2-1? what brands in Australia? Any comments on hurricane headers? in next month, i will put unichip on my ride. what inches for cat back is fit on my rides?2inches or 2 quarter or 2 half?

thanks

Dennis

Welcome to the forum Dennis. I'm not sure about 1ZZ-FE parts, but I'm sure there will be lots of opinions posted here soon.

One thing I am sure that everyone will recommend, is putting the Unichip on last, to maximise your benefit from all other intake and exhaust mods.

Good luck!

soo will the unichip actually damage ya car in anyway ? :unsure: its only like 220 bux to get it installed, so it might be worth it if it doesnt do anything to da engine.

Edited by ren

soo will the unichip actually damage ya car in anyway ? :unsure:  its only like 120 bux to get it installed, so it might be worth it if it doesnt do anything to da engine.

The unichip is expensive to buy and install.. at least in the way of mods go anyways. :huh: Dyno tune would be costly when getting it installed.

Dennis: I have no idea about extractors, I know of one person on the forums that has Genie extractors, I can't say I know what Grimlock is running though.

As for the piggy back ECU, Greddy e-manage seems to also be quite a good option. May be worth looking into which one is best.. unichip of greddy... whilst its clear cut what is better for a sportivo I dont think many 1zzfe owners have experimented as much.

The unichip is simply a piggy back system which will allow a tuner to advance your ignition timing and a/f ratio as when the car comes out of the factor niether of these is tuned for performance but rather fuel economy and ride comfort.

With regards to it damaging your engine the only way i can see this happening is if the tuner over tunes or makes the tuning on your car so aggressive that not even 98 octane fuel will allow ur car to run well and if the a/f ratio is not right. This is why get someone experienced to do it.

By way of cost mine cost $1150 installed and tuned. And the gains will vary from car to car but as stated this mod should definitly be the last on your list of mods if your planning to do a few mods. as you will possible need a re-tune if you install parts on the car after the unichip

cheers

Bill

The unichip is simply a piggy back system which will allow a tuner to advance your ignition timing and a/f ratio as when the car comes out of the factor niether of these is tuned for performance but rather fuel economy and ride comfort.

With regards to it damaging your engine the only way i can see this happening is if the tuner over tunes or makes the tuning on your car so aggressive that not even 98 octane fuel will allow ur car to run well and if the a/f ratio is not right. This is why get someone experienced to do it.

By way of cost mine cost $1150 installed and tuned. And the gains will vary from car to car but as stated this mod should definitly be the last on your list of mods if your planning to do a few mods. as you will possible need a re-tune if you install parts on the car after the unichip

cheers

Bill

can you tell me detail of your exhaust system? if i change it to 2 inches or 2.25 inches, which one is better? i want the torque rather than hp.

what mods did you do for the car? do you know the hp and torque before the unichip and after the unichip?

cheers

Dennis

which extractors do you think suit for 1zzfe 1.8 vvti engine? 4-1 or 4-2-1? what brands in Australia? Any comments on hurricane headers? in next month, i will put unichip on my ride. what inches for cat back is fit on my rides?2inches or 2 quarter or 2 half?

thanks

Dennis

Getting back to the original question... (extractors)

I'm a newbie to the forums too. but I can give you some valuable input to hurricane headers. I have them installed in my 1zz-FE. I have 4-1 extractors, 2-inch mandrel bent exhaust, and a high flow cat.

The whole system sounds amazing. I made sure that tone was priority and not resonating noise. (yes, there is a difference).

In terms of performance, the whole set up works wonders as well.

Hope that helps.

cheers

Bill

can you tell me detail of your exhaust system? if i change it to 2 inches or 2.25 inches, which one is better? i want the torque rather than hp.

what mods did you do for the car? do you know the hp and torque before the unichip and after the unichip?

cheers

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

When i put the unichip on all i had on the car was a muffler and TRD panel filter. The gains for me was 13kw@w. and im not to sure what gains in torque i had as i dont think i took a dyno with the torque showing. As for your exhaust sorry mate im not exactly an expert on the matter. Why dont u take a look around at the details from TRD and what the size of the exhaust is they offer for your car ?

Or other boys with a 1zz care to help ????? :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: