Greetings and helps needed..

whyme

Hi all, first post here :) I'm in the market for a small car for few months now, really want to have a corolla but it doesn't have ESP & TCS with the current models. I've been told that these features will available last Sep or so...and it's Oct now,hmmm still nothing..anyway should I wait or getting one of these:

2005 Sportivo with toyota alarm, 21Km for around $20000-$21000

2007 Levin ZR manual, demo, 1500km for around $25000

Thanks very much.

well i drive a 2003 sportivo, i'm one who likes the look better than the 2005 sportivo but the sportivo is fun to drive, quick and is comfortable i'd prefer a sportivo over a levin but thats my opinion

well i drive a 2003 sportivo, i'm one who likes the look better than the 2005 sportivo but the sportivo is fun to drive, quick and is comfortable i'd prefer a sportivo over a levin but thats my opinion

Thanks for the reply Tiet. I'm with you too. I think the 05 s'tivo round shape front fog light look very ugly compare to the 03's ovel shape,which matches better to the car headlight and nose. Otherwise I haven't noticed any differences, tail lights??? Regarding to the Levin ZR current model, it has 7 airbags,plus new car warranty,all other extras, doesn't look that bad..etc..except performance.The S'tivo is very good looking,big power for such a small car, but minus by safety only two front airbags and built in SA, my LS focus built in SA and had problems from very first day I bought it,lucky me I got rid of it now...hmmm.. Hard choice.. :help:

I don't think they will bring out TCS & ESP on the corolla, or they might on the next facelift (approx 03/2010)

I think the best way to sum up the differences between the sportivo and the ZRE is:

Sportivo, more grunt.

ZRE152R Levin ZR, more gadgets.

yeah the only major difference i can tell from the facelift stivo and the prefacelift stivo is the front end and the tail lights, oh as well as the headunit, damn prefacelift cant play MP3 :D

yeah though if you after the new car benefits obviously ZRE would be the better choice, it would be a safer buy, you know how it is when buying a second hand car, you cant be sure if its going to give you headaches, with the ZRE you could just take it back with the warranty

Stivo FTW Heres why: lol

-Gadgets get old and new stuffs always coming out (can always be added. E.g bluetooth n such, have fun upgrading the engine, id like to see that one.lol)

-Why do u need more than 2 airbags?(u live in a bubble.jks) u shouldnt be packing a 1.8 full of people anyway.lol :spiteful:

-Stivos so much more fun, i get excited everytime i hop into mine.I suppose you get the benefit of a new car smell with the later model corolla, but the beauty of the stivo is, that when ur in the mood for a lil punch,........it punchs. :yahoo:

Prefacelift with no mp3 function, i dont think i know anyone who has kept the factory head unit in their car anyway

Thats my 2cent worth anyway :P

Stivo FTW Heres why: lol

-Gadgets get old and new stuffs always coming out (can always be added. E.g bluetooth n such, have fun upgrading the engine, id like to see that one.lol)

-Why do u need more than 2 airbags?(u live in a bubble.jks) u shouldnt be packing a 1.8 full of people anyway.lol :spiteful:

-Stivos so much more fun, i get excited everytime i hop into mine.I suppose you get the benefit of a new car smell with the later model corolla, but the beauty of the stivo is, that when ur in the mood for a lil punch,........it punchs. :yahoo:

Prefacelift with no mp3 function, i dont think i know anyone who has kept the factory head unit in their car anyway

Thats my 2cent worth anyway :P

As I remember from my last few accidents, I always got hit from the driver's side, so side and curtain airbags would be very helpul ...if...hell...don't want to think about it. The thing is that I love the S'portivo's power too :)...hmmm my heart goes for the S'tivo, my head wants the levin ZR but my guardian angel wants me to wait for the facedlift models with ESP & TCS :)

Cheers CME-LFT

I'm pretty sure every stivo owner would recommend the 05 Sportivo.

You say 21,000 kms? That's pretty much brand new & a way better car in terms of performance, styling and ease with parts.

Yes...actually it's only around 19000kms..I know..it's very tempting, I'm just worried about the gear box problems that a lot of s'tivo owners here had and the car is just out of warranty period. I can't afford to spend much money to fix it if something is wrong a long the way...I have to keep the car for the next 5 yrs as I was given direct order from the wife. Stuffed up with the Focus last time so I have been given one life left only :(

Hi all, first post here :) I'm in the market for a small car for few months now, really want to have a corolla but it doesn't have ESP & TCS with the current models. I've been told that these features will available last Sep or so...and it's Oct now,hmmm still nothing..anyway should I wait or getting one of these:

2005 Sportivo with toyota alarm, 21Km for around $20000-$21000

2007 Levin ZR manual, demo, 1500km for around $25000

Thanks very much.

i would love to have the sportivo but id take the levin

I would personally sacrifice extra power for more creature comforts, but thats just me.

Plus its newer meaning you will have less headaches (not that corollas stuff up :whistling: ).

I cant complain with the normal 1.8L engine, it still packs a little bit of a punch.

I'd wait (and actually am) a couple more weeks and see what is happening with corolla for 09. I'm betting VSC and TC will be available and the yaris is getting LED tail lights so maybe just maybe the corolla will too? Wouldn't that be nice?

Cruise control on the steering wheel and maybe a little bit more punch would make the corolla the perfect car IMHO. Disappointment or a big fat smile awaits me in the coming month or 2. Come on Toyota!

Ask yourself - which would your missus prefer?

Edited by Hawk