HID for 08 Corolla Ascent

I was wondering has anyone fitted a HID to your 08 Corolla Ascent? If you had HID fitted to your 08 Corolla Ascent, can you share your experience, because I'm thinking about getting a HID kit for my 08 Corolla Ascent but I just don’t wanna blinding people/other drivers on the road. Since we've got the projector type head light so I think it may be okay to use HID without blinding people.

I was wondering has anyone fitted a HID to your 08 Corolla Ascent? If you had HID fitted to your 08 Corolla Ascent, can you share your experience, because I'm thinking about getting a HID kit for my 08 Corolla Ascent but I just don’t wanna blinding people/other drivers on the road. Since we've got the projector type head light so I think it may be okay to use HID without blinding people.

I am about to do this very soon too.

I have seen others overseas do this to their Auris (non OEM HID) and it looks good. Here is a pic:

I have asked for more pics too.

Get a 5000 K one, not 6000 or 8000 and you should be ok.

post-7492-1224821838_thumb.jpg

thanks mate, I'm getting 6000K from ebay soon, and 5000K is hard to find... where are you getting your HID kit from?

have a look at this place

www.gthid.com.au

how much were they?

I got a set from an american company (Xensonic) for $450 delivered :-l Apparently it is a rip off....I suggest you talk to tangcla if you are looking for one. He can hook you up! :D

i recently got the 8000k HID installed to my 07 corolla (new model)..... looks sweeet, and doesnt blind other people, problem is i got the el-cheapo version 100$ delivered, and had to do dodgey wiring, with electrical tape... dont ask .... so at times, one or the other doesnt work, and at times both work, atm both dont work, and will try and fix soon, but i am in desperate need of a relay... btw make sure you get a relay with your HID, makes life easier... anyone know of any place i can get a relay for H11, been looking on Ebay, but dont want them shipped from US. ... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Image of 8000k HID, and Blue SMD (thanks to tangcla)

at that time, only the right one was working :P

EDIT:fixed picture problems

Edited by -rez-

..anyone know of any place i can get a relay for H11, been looking on Ebay, but dont want them shipped from US. ... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Here you go, I've purchased a H7 relay for my HID's from them before, excellent seller. They have it for the H11 and they ship from HK.

clicky.

Edited by KT668

I am about to do this very soon too.

I have seen others overseas do this to their Auris (non OEM HID) and it looks good. Here is a pic:

I have asked for more pics too.

Get a 5000 K one, not 6000 or 8000 and you should be ok.

i recently got the 8000k HID installed to my 07 corolla (new model)..... looks sweeet, and doesnt blind other people, problem is i got the el-cheapo version 100$ delivered, and had to do dodgey wiring, with electrical tape... dont ask .... so at times, one or the other doesnt work, and at times both work, atm both dont work, and will try and fix soon, but i am in desperate need of a relay... btw make sure you get a relay with your HID, makes life easier... anyone know of any place i can get a relay for H11, been looking on Ebay, but dont want them shipped from US. ... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Image of 8000k HID, and Blue SMD (thanks to tangcla)

at that time, only the right one was working :P

EDIT:fixed picture problems

well first of all

new to the club and just recently bought a corolla :P

oooo nice guys im thinking about getting it for my car and a set of wheels for it aswell.

are there any store in aus that have HID lightS ?

what model should i be getting for my 08 rolla ?

Edited by master.Cuong

I have had 6000k and 8000k - To be totally honest there has been next to no difference.

They are white on the road with a slight tinge of blue. I prefer these over lower Kelivin ratings, as it doesn't look standard...

Never had any trouble with cops - I always add this part... Im on P's which tends to add to attention, and still no issues.

honestly im not too sure, but i would recommend it... you never know when your stock harness will give way, plus apparently... after a bit of reading ... i read that the stock harness has a lower fuse amp than what a HID should have, and having the relay with fuse amp connected to the battery fixes that problem, lowering / ?almost demolishing? the chance of shorting your stock harness?

anyone?

But again, thats what i have read about relays and stuff, and honestly, sounds spot on ... about the stock harness not having a powerful enough fuse amp and eventually giving way.

honestly im not too sure, but i would recommend it... you never know when your stock harness will give way, plus apparently... after a bit of reading ... i read that the stock harness has a lower fuse amp than what a HID should have, and having the relay with fuse amp connected to the battery fixes that problem, lowering / ?almost demolishing? the chance of shorting your stock harness?

anyone?

But again, thats what i have read about relays and stuff, and honestly, sounds spot on ... about the stock harness not having a powerful enough fuse amp and eventually giving way.

As for your stock harness, the standard fuse for the headlights are around 10-15A per side. This is more than sufficient for the standard halogen and will be just fine for HID. When running, the HID's actually draw less current than the stock halogen, however the startup current is much higher for HID. The wiring and fuse in your car will be able to take this increase in startup current mainly because this happens for such a brief period of time. If you want the extra piece of mind though, you can go for the relay setup.

Anyways, I've posted an answer to your question over in your thread:

HID Problem