TRD CAI question. Accent, Conquest models

ren

i was wondering if any accent, conquest or even levin owners(excluding sportivo) have installed the TRD CAI without removing that white water bottle thingy ? will the K&N pod fit if i dont remove the white bottle ? ahh, please help me out soon coz if it needs to be removed i'll get the autoelectrian to remove it while he is wiring up my fog light.

thnx.

w00t CAI arrive next week(according to dealer). is happy. :D

northy may be able to assist.

it must be removed.

k thnx. if i remove it prior to installing it(CAI) will it damage my engine ? coz i dont get the CAI till next week and my autoelectrician is installing my foggies on monday. at the same time ill tell him to remove it for me.

w00t, i just removed it. the bolting was a bitch though, but i managed. i sealed off the exiting hole with masking tape and inserted 2 holes on the bottom.

for some reason the car is faster now lol. hrmm damn :P

btw will the masking tape over the hole cause any engine damage ? this is only temp though. coz CAI arrives next week.

take off the masking tape there is no need for it just let it dump out whatever flows through it.

i have been talking with izzfe for a long time about taking out the bottle from his car now i am sure when he reads this he will want to do it soon. it sure does make the car go harder.

Edited by kcorro

take off the masking tape there is no need for it just let it dump out whatever flows through it.

i have been talking with izzfe for a long time about taking out the bottle from his car now i am sure when he reads this he will want to do it soon. it sure does make the car go harder.

hrmm wouldnt it be better to seal it off ? since more air will pass up ? nah i'll just leave it for now coz its gonna take ages to take off again since the front bar is bak on.

Kcorro-Yeah, One day I'll get to taking it out :lol:, and putting on the vvt-i badges and painting the calipers and changing the aerial and ....

Just can't be bothered yet. :P

But ren here's a simple equation for you...

The bottle is restrictive, remove it and you have better airflow.

Better Airflow = More Power.

And if a 2zz can run without it, a 1zz can too.

Kcorro-Yeah, One day I'll get to taking it out  :lol:, and putting on the vvt-i badges and painting the calipers and changing the aerial and ....

Just can't be bothered yet.  :P

But ren here's a simple equation for you...

The bottle is restrictive, remove it and you have better airflow.

Better Airflow = More Power.

And if a 2zz can run without it, a 1zz can too.

I took the wite bottle out a few months ago on my conquest, I think you will find the bottle is to create resonance and reduce the inlet noise. this will in no way affect the engine if removed, just rip it out... if you are going to the auto elec to fit the fogs you might be wasting your money. All the wiring might be there like it was on my conquest, all i had to do is fit a switch, fuse and relay.

Kcorro-Yeah, One day I'll get to taking it out  :lol:, and putting on the vvt-i badges and painting the calipers and changing the aerial and ....

Just can't be bothered yet.  :P

I took the wite bottle out a few months ago on my conquest, I think you will find the bottle is to create resonance and reduce the inlet noise. this will in no way affect the engine if removed, just rip it out... if you are going to the auto elec to fit the fogs you might be wasting your money. All the wiring might be there like it was on my conquest, all i had to do is fit a switch, fuse and relay.

yo dale, was ya foggies the one that came in a package with the long wires etc ? if so when it talks about the green plug, what are they on about ? :huh: i havent opened the package yet but i cant see any green connectors.

when i took off the front bumper yesterday, i noticed 2 brown plugs. hrmm those are the ones the instructions are quoting etc.

yo dale, was ya foggies the one that came in a package with the long wires etc ? if so when it talks about the green plug, what are they on about ? :huh: i havent opened the package yet but i cant see any green connectors.

when i took off the front bumper yesterday, i noticed 2 brown plugs. hrmm those are the ones the instructions are quoting etc.

the brown connectors are the fog wiring, the relay holder is behind the coin box and fuse i cant remember but might be in engine bay. if you want to diy i will look later and and post some pics

the brown connectors are the fog wiring, the relay holder is behind the coin box and fuse i cant remember but might be in engine bay. if you want to diy i will look later and and post some pics

it would be good if u can do that. since i know the layout of front.

the instructions is abit weird. its telling me to connect the 1pin to da green plug :rolleyes: and doesnt even come with one. the colours are x1greyn x2blue and a black -tive hook.

i dont know the kit you refer to I bought mine genuine. Is your toy facelift or pre facelift. the brown connectors plug directly into the globe HB3 or HB4. if your kit has different globes you might have an adapter in your kit. post a pic of the connectors in your kit and the instructions and I might be able to help you out.

i dont know the kit you refer to I bought mine genuine. Is your toy facelift or pre facelift. the brown connectors plug directly into the globe HB3 or HB4. if your kit has different globes you might have an adapter in your kit. post a pic of the connectors in your kit and the instructions and I might be able to help you out.

mines the pre-facelift. soo its the long ones. heres some pics.

weird instructions

foglight bak

the switch and converter for switch

the wires (referred to as the "harness" in instructions). thats all the plug it came with.

post-401-1107667576_thumb.jpg

post-401-1107667620_thumb.jpg

post-401-1107667671_thumb.jpg

post-401-1107667735_thumb.jpg

post-401-1107667768_thumb.jpg

I am assuming the ascent has the same wiring as the conquest

ok 1. connect brown connectors directly to fog lights

2. Take out coin tray and fit new micro relay (toyota or repco) as in pic..

3. blue connector into switch

your switch is different to mine. I only have 3 wires so you have to work out the switch configuration i.e. red-power, black-earth, blue-relay switching wire, green-illumination. or something like that..

the switching side of the relay needs to be earthed.

if I knew the switch I could tell you more, sorry

post-402-1107671372_thumb.jpg

post-402-1107671393_thumb.jpg