car audio

Toyo nut

:whistling: Just bought st185 coupe for a song. Will post photos later. Any one that needs to know anything about car audio or doof doof as some people call it im glad to help \. been in the business over 14 yrs as profesional audio installer. Just hope there is other people out there as passionate as i am. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey im kinda new to this forum thing i own a st162 and atm ive got an xplod GT460U head unit with Xplod GTF1025B 4"s in the front and xplod V1642A 6"s in the back i cut holes in the thing that lifts up wen u open the boot and put them in that.

Ive wired it all up sounds alright but im in the market for a good amp could you recommend 1 for me also wat els could i get to improve wat ive already got???

P.s: I lisen to Heavy Metal and i like it very loud

Thanx in advance

Hey im kinda new to this forum thing i own a st162 and atm ive got an xplod GT460U head unit with Xplod GTF1025B 4"s in the front and xplod V1642A 6"s in the back i cut holes in the thing that lifts up wen u open the boot and put them in that.

Ive wired it all up sounds alright but im in the market for a good amp could you recommend 1 for me also wat els could i get to improve wat ive already got???

P.s: I lisen to Heavy Metal and i like it very loud

Thanx in advance

You have "entry" level gear, so stick with something cheap. 4 channel amp, something around 4x50RMS would be perfect - almost every brand out there does something that suits what you want, it just comes down to how much you want to spend.

Brands to go for - Alpine, Kicker, Pioneer (although I've had a LOT of problems with dud 4 channel Pioneer amps), Jaycar, etc. Stick away from anything you get off eBay or anything that quotes a stupid amount of power output.

hey i no i didnt stick to the brands you recommend but i was thinking of getting a Sony XMZR604 or if i wanted to b cheap a XM-4S what do you think?

Also is it worth getting a sub wen i lisen to heavy metal coz ive heard my mates car not sure wat setup he had think it was soundstream with 6X9s and 2 subs in the back anyway i put in my a7x cd in and it sounded horrible the bass just took over everything is that going to happen if i get a sub or did he just have a ****ty setup?

hey i no i didnt stick to the brands you recommend but i was thinking of getting a Sony XMZR604 or if i wanted to b cheap a XM-4S what do you think?

Also is it worth getting a sub wen i lisen to heavy metal coz ive heard my mates car not sure wat setup he had think it was soundstream with 6X9s and 2 subs in the back anyway i put in my a7x cd in and it sounded horrible the bass just took over everything is that going to happen if i get a sub or did he just have a ****ty setup?

I listen to REAL metal (haha, sorry if you're actually an Avenged fan) and I love my bass. Actually makes the music kicks sound like a kick, rather than AJFA-era Metallica. You'll want smaller-ish subs (two 10"s would be perfect) in a sealed enclosure - should have plenty of punch and articulation for you.

You friends car probably sounded **** because of the speakers he had - 6x9"s and two subs never go well together.

• 4 months later...

Hey again i know im replying to and old post and prob wont get a reply but my cars been off the road for awhile and has just been sitting there until a couple of weeks ago i ended up getting that XM-ZR604 amp. I installed it a few days ago but i got 1 more ? tho atm im running the front speakers off the head unit and the 6"s in the back off the amp now im in the market to get a sub and i wana know if running the 2 6"s and the sub off the amp will work and if so wat kind of wattage i should be getting for the sub? Thanx in advance

:whistling: Just bought st185 coupe for a song. Will post photos later. Any one that needs to know anything about car audio or doof doof as some people call it im glad to help \. been in the business over 14 yrs as profesional audio installer. Just hope there is other people out there as passionate as i am. :whistling:

It’s a good thing that you know about professional audio installing. Because of the point that even you can upgrade your car audio every time you want.

WTF get this spam bot out of here someone there is a post in every thread