Floor mats & Seat cover

Guan

Hi everyone,

I just bought my Corolla Ascent Sedan Auto (new ZRE model) last week. It was ex-rental, 30,000 kms, shimmer colored with cruise control and leather cover for the steering. It has a little scratched here and there but the price was 17700 =)

However, it does not have a floor mats and I am thinking of covering the original seats' trim. Can anyone suggests me where can I get those?

Cheers

Also, there is a lot of mud on the engine. It proves to be hard to wash. Can anyone recommend me a good car wash? Or do I need a detailer? How much does it usually cost?

Much appreciated.

Edited by Guan

Hi everyone,

I just bought my Corolla Ascent Sedan Auto (new ZRE model) last week. It was ex-rental, 30,000 kms, shimmer colored with cruise control and leather cover for the steering. It has a little scratched here and there but the price was 17700 =)

However, it does not have a floor mats and I am thinking of covering the original seats' trim. Can anyone suggests me where can I get those?

Cheers

If u are after those stuff, best to try toyota first as I doubt there will be anything in the market. Maybe Super Cheap or Repco ?/?

Also, there is a lot of mud on the engine. It proves to be hard to wash. Can anyone recommend me a good car wash? Or do I need a detailer? How much does it usually cost?

Much appreciated.

Best just to take a damp cloth and wipe it down (try not to make it too wet around the electrical cables). That's what I do with the boys every fri night. Alternative is take it to SB who is all the way up in sunny queensland who I'm sure will do an excellente job. Check his ride, spotless!

Hehe... thanks evil twin.

I am too lazy to wash it myself really. The inside of the car is pretty dirty here and there as well so I thought I will just ask someone to do it for me.

Btw, I am from Melbourne. Guess SB will have to fly here =p

I will try calling Toyota tomorrow to ask for the floor mats and seat covers.

Any more suggestions?

did u bought the car from toyota? or other dealer or what??

i mean... they should have clean the engine bay... seriously man... coz its not easy job to do... LOL

Bought is from Hertz dealer and they only wiped the top engine clean.

Btw, I sent my car to Blue Planet at Southbank and paid $100 bucks to my car to be cleaned in and out as well as the engine.

The result... f**kin disappointing... I wonder if thats what they call polish... the engine is still dirty too... bugger!

If your seats deploy airbags in a collision, then you can't cover them.

Its an Ascent!

I doubt there will be a side airbag unless Guan or Hertz went through all the trouble ........... and not to mention money.

Hehe... thanks evil twin.

I am too lazy to wash it myself really. The inside of the car is pretty dirty here and there as well so I thought I will just ask someone to do it for me.

Btw, I am from Melbourne. Guess SB will have to fly here =p

I will try calling Toyota tomorrow to ask for the floor mats and seat covers.

Any more suggestions?

If you can wait till mid next year then he might just will ....

did u bought the car from toyota? or other dealer or what??

i mean... they should have clean the engine bay... seriously man... coz its not easy job to do... LOL

Bought is from Hertz dealer and they only wiped the top engine clean.

Btw, I sent my car to Blue Planet at Southbank and paid $100 bucks to my car to be cleaned in and out as well as the engine.

The result... f**kin disappointing... I wonder if thats what they call polish... the engine is still dirty too... bugger!

Mate, if ur not happy with the result bring it back and say WTF ??!???!!!

Best do it urself if u want the best result.

It still has airbags duh! but only for driver and front passenger...

Yea guess to do it myself is best hehe...

Btw, theres drama ealier today when I called up a couple of places for floor mats.

Quotes came as follow :

Melbourne City Toyota - $120

Cannon Toyota - $125

Chadstone Toyota - $95

Repco - $160

Nunawading - $99

Finally got it for $82.50 after arguing with the guys at Nunawading by saying that the price is in toyota.com.au...

He apologized after that. F**kin rippers out there LOL

Edited by Guan