Corolla Sportivo issue

Nathn

hey, Im thinking of getting a corolla sportivo but have been told there was a recall on them for a specific year I think... does anyone know of anything I should look out for before buying a corolla sportivo? any specific year I should be looking out for not to buy or somthing like that?

Cheers

Hi mate. Welcome to TOCAU. Glad to have you join us. Where are you from? I thought I would like to at least know your name and where you are from before you cop flak left right center and front backk from the guys here for not using the lousy search button :) :whistling:

Cheers.

Oh, your answers are here ------> Click Me 2 Stivo Heaven :lol:

damn, only sketched through it but it seems theres a lot of problems with the gearbox... one would think a car at the price and year of a sportivo wouldnt have such issue's

EDIT - read it a bit more and all thats needed is slight adjustment within the clutch... correct?

Edited by Nathn

damn, only sketched through it but it seems theres a lot of problems with the gearbox... one would think a car at the price and year of a sportivo wouldnt have such issue's

EDIT - read it a bit more and all thats needed is slight adjustment within the clutch... correct?

The clutch grab point is adjusted yes. There is nothing wrong with the gearbox, bar a slight 1st - 2nd gate issue that is overcome with practice, and ensuring that you head left a tad when selecting 2nd from 1st (this applies only when shifting at high revs, ie: when you are giving it a gutful). I still do this in the RX7 to this day due to the amount of times I applied it.

There was an ecu recall on 03's and some 04's. I had no issues with mine when I had it at all, bar gear selector cables (they rattled). The ecu was also recalled and replaced at no charge (as they should).

Good to hear from someone who actually owned the car and not say my bro's mate said its **** haha

Cheer's

Your brothers mate must drive an SP23. You see, SP23's are great cars. They really are, I nearly bought one instead of the Corolla when I was looking. I even own a Mazda now.

So are Sportivo's, although SP23 owners always seem to see red on certain forums, and feel compelled to roll their face across the keyboard in sheer frustration at Corolla owners not bowing down to suckle the epicness of their gigantic SP23 owner phallus. Corollla owners are NOT their personal sex guards, nor do they deserve any.

If he doesn't drive an SP23, then he should buy one. He fits the demographic.

Edited by RXSeven

Insurance is the biggest bonus that I can think of with owning the sportivo!! :toast:

Mine gives me a bonus every time I see an SP23 at the lights lol ;)

...and then again when it uses less fuel,

and was cheaper to buy etc. etc. actually, there are tons of bonuses. After two years, I still enjoy driving it everyday!

This is my second Sportivo! Enough said.

My partner love the SP23's and is looking at getting one. With an SP23 and a Sportivo in the garage, I would pick the Sportivo over the SP23 to drive everyday.

I had SP23 rage last night after one thought he could box with a Series 6 RX7, hence the random flaming of certain owners.

The guys from a certain RX7 club refer to the SP23's as 'little mozzies'. They are annoying, but you have to admire them for their ankle biting prowess. As stated, they are great cars, but it all boils down to the individual buying it.

The Sportivo was more fun to drive, which is why I ended up buying it when I did. Ironically I still miss the inside of that car even when sitting in the cockpit of the Seven. The cabin noise might have been a tad over the top, but that's what stereo's and extremely loud intakes are for.

That high cam note wailed like a banshee, especially when hitting it through the city.