semi slick tyres on sportivo rims

basicially just wanting to get out there to do some autokhana & club track days

your suggesting some stock steelies from a zze122 acsent or similar will do the trick ?

no problems with brake clearances ?

assuming these are 15 x 6 ? so 195/50/15 be best ?

the steelies do fit, but the 15 inch alloys are better because they give a bit more space.

The 195/50/15's are the best because they lower the gear ratio's on the sportivo and make it much quicker off the line.

the steelies do fit, but the 15 inch alloys are better because they give a bit more space.

The 195/50/15's are the best because they lower the gear ratio's on the sportivo and make it much quicker off the line.

You don't look hektik and get ganga's with 15's though. You need 20's to be slower off the line in order to show off your sik car. Get 215/.00001/R20 Nangkang's to be extra hektik on top of that.

cheers mate - will hunt some 15" alloys down over the weekend. Appreciate your advice.

sold my wrx a while back. did a tarmac rally in a mates wrx last weekend now i got the motorsport bug again!. Don't have the budget for another performance car so the corolla is just going to have to be a jack of all trades. 90% of the fun, half the cost - works for me :)

already got a rear sway bar, got some koni's, springs and camber bolts on order so hopefully it wont be that 'floppy' when its out there.

Not wanting to be fastest, will just be happy to participate. Will keep you all posted!

Dylan

You don't look hektik and get ganga's with 15's though. You need 20's to be slower off the line in order to show off your sik car. Get 215/.00001/R20 Nangkang's to be extra hektik on top of that.

k

i know what u mean about the motorsport bug, i get hooked as well. More on dirt rallying now but used to be tarmac. When i was doing the hillclimbs here in canberra, the 15 inch semi's took 1.5 seconds per km off my time. So totally worth it. I'm sure you will surprise many out there. Have fun.

Had a Sportivo at my work few weeks ago with Toyo Proxis tyres on Enkei Racing Wheels, had 2 seperate valve caps on each wheel, don't know why there were 2...

Anyone know???

Wheel and tyre package looked out of place tho, spesh when there were no coil overs...

Had a front strut brace and seemed to be lowered a bit...

guys - wanting to put some semi slick tyres on my sportivo rims. Any1 done this ? If so what brand/size did you use ?

The problem, which hasn't been explained to go for 15's, is that the Sportivo rim is a 16x6, and there aren't semi slicks that correctly fit this rim size, so you will have sidewall flex holding you back. I'm happy with the Dunlop 03G. The Bridgestone RE55S and Kumho V70A are other options that are suited towards track days. I'm told the Yoko's are terrible at heat cycling, so give them a miss. But remember with semi's that you need to run a lot of camber.

Had a Sportivo at my work few weeks ago with Toyo Proxis tyres on Enkei Racing Wheels, had 2 seperate valve caps on each wheel, don't know why there were 2...

They do it so that you can correctly purge all the atmospheric air out of the tyre and fill it properly with nitrogen.

I run Toyo RA1's at the track (Same compound as the R888) I am happy with them... Awesome in the wet when new.. If you are going to only do dry track then get the R888

"For use on wet tracks, new tyre tread depths provide optimum performance. Buffed / shaved tread depths of 3.5-2.0mm are highly recommended on dry tracks for optimum grip & endurance"

http://www.toyo.com.au/Proxes%20RA1.htm

It did make my gearing slightly longer (about 2-5km/h at 100km/h)

I run the 205/55ZR16 on standard sportivo rims

Edited by mat4d20v

bit of an update

scored 2 sets of semi slicksfor $300 for both

set 1 - re540s 50%

set 2 - re55s - 75%

now just need to find a couple of sets of 15's and i will be good to go :)

all sorted

2733361350101928552S600x600Q85.jpg

2707732880101928552S600x600Q85.jpg

suspension arrives in 2 weeks, rear konis had to come from holland!

cusco strut brace for the front a worthwhile addition ?

bit of an update

scored 2 sets of semi slicksfor $300 for both

set 1 - re540s 50%

set 2 - re55s - 75%

now just need to find a couple of sets of 15's and i will be good to go :)

all sorted

suspension arrives in 2 weeks, rear konis had to come from holland!

cusco strut brace for the front a worthwhile addition ?

LOL, mate that is d@mn a lot of semi slicks!

What rims are they? Looks great!

Front strut and rear sway is one of the better sussy mod u can do for that model rollas

tyres are 540s & re55s - assuming they are a soft compund

wheels are an old speedy type 15 x 6.5. will take the centre caps off, in which case they might pass ofr a more 'credible' brand :)

car already has a rear sway bar - still handles like the fail boat (see below)

hoping the koni's and springs will sort out the body roll. saw some cusco front strut braces on ebay for a decent price, probably buy over the weekend

rear strut brace you say ? that would necesitate cutting away/removing at the rear plastic trim ?

failboat3.jpg

Edited by doriae86

Front strut ... is one of the better sussy mod u can do for that model rollas

Rear strut is even better.

Looks like you have enough rubber for a few hundred km. What compound are they?

I love my boot space too much.

Love the fact that I can pop down the back seats and it'll be a "mini-wagon" . A strut in the middle will take that away :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

probably not much use considerin gi can't find the link or webpage anymore, but i stumbled across rear strut braces that had what i can only desribe as "quick release"mechanism, ie a bike wheel hub or seat post. which was attached at each end to allow removal when requiring all the boot space. Although I can't help but think this may not be as 'stiffening" of the chassis as a permanently fixed brace...

yeh - love the boot space and practicaility too much.

ordered cusco front brace tonight from JDM concepts on ebay

just goto wait for the rest of the junk to arrive.

car windows getting tinted on the weekend aswell, and I just installed a new pioneer double din stereo + sub/amp.

wasnt meant to spend $ on this car. . .funny thing is, will still be one of the slowest cars i have ever had, but for some reason i still really like it :)

Just like MX-5's aren't quick, they are fun to drive :toast:

I may have seen this removable rear strut brace years ago, but can't seem to think of the name, was possibly American. Just ask Northy how quickly I can remove the rear strut bar with the simple car tool kit :lol:

Surely it'd be a case of swapping nut and bolt to a suitable sized quick release mech?! any one using a rear strut brace ? recommend a brand..!?

Let us know how car feels after these are fitted doriae86. Im considering doing some suspension upgrade myself soon... trying to decise or establish what will provide better handling rear sway or strut also with or without front strut brace etc. car a rear sway bar be swapped DIY style ? rather do it myself...

rear sway bar def can be done DIY. Will only take 20 mins. Just make sure you have a good breaker bar coz the factory bolts are fkn tight.

just having the sway bar did make a fair bit of difference, but imo the car is still a boat. Will keep you all posted as to how much difference the front strut brace makes