RAV4 2.4 Auto

c32kompressor

Hi,

Just bought a brand new RAV4 2.4 auto CV a few weeks back. Its done about 1300km so far. I'm pretty surprised at the fuel economy though and not in a good way. I drive all my cars on BP Ultimate, so the RAV get the same treatment. But I'm averaging about 14-15L/100km in the city. I've taken it for a couple of long drives, but didn't really notice much of an improvement. Saying that, I'm also a bit heavy footed.

Other than the fuel issue, its my first compact SUV and I'm quite happy with it. Must say it does pretty well in the sands as I took it to the sand dunes the second day I had it! Quite fun actually.

I was wondering if there is anyone that is getting the same sort of average using premium fuel?

• 1 month later...

Give it some time. Fuel efficiency is not going to be too great when you're still breaking in the vehicle.

My late 2007 2.4L CV covers about 400km at the 1/4 mark. Last I filled her up, it was 479km, 48 litres = approx 10L/100km. It's always been consistent, around the 10.0 - 10.5 mark. 91 RON always, 35 PSI all round.

Edited by RAV4White

Give it some time. Fuel efficiency is not going to be too great when you're still breaking in the vehicle.

My late 2007 2.4L CV covers about 400km at the 1/4 mark. Last I filled her up, it was 479km, 48 litres = approx 10L/100km. It's always been consistent, around the 10.0 - 10.5 mark. 91 RON always, 35 PSI all round.

For sure...went down to albany and on the way back filled it up with vortex 98 and its done just over 400km and its sitting on exactly half a tank!

Hi

We have a 2006 auto CV. I monitor its fuel use with a scanguageII and have found that the best fuel for ours is the 95RON. With 98 octane it really chews through the fuel, 91RON not too bad but we were on average around 50-60ks more per tank when using 95RON. On the highway we get around the 9l per 100ks.

cheers

So what's scangauge and how does it work?

Ta.

Here is the link;

http://www.scangauge.com/

basically it plugs into the obi plug and is basically a very smart trip computer that monitors most of what the engine does - fuel use (instant-avg), temps, load etc.

I tow a lot with a hilux workmate ute and normally when i would hit a hill i would go back to third but found that leaving it in fourth and using a bit more throttle was more economical.

It is so accurate that when I fill up at the pump it is within 1/2 a litre of what the scanguage recommends.

Highly recommended!