Levin ZR Hatchback

bd-850

OK, so im only new on here, and no i dont own a toyota, BUT i am looking. im looking at either a Levin ZR Hatchback or an Camry Altise, im prefering the Corolla because its a smaller car and i think looks better, i have driven a Camry and they get up and GOOO, well it suprised me anyway.

after driving my Supercharged VT Commodore i love power (who doesnt) but anyway are there any performance mods for either of these cars

Out of the two cars what do you all prefere

Thanks

Ben

Edited by bd-850

Hi and welcome, performance wise pretty similar but despite alot less power than your VT you will be getting something reliable that can look hot with little effort. Performance mods could be found but nothing like what you had unless you have moolah to play with :rolleyes:

Camry is a great looking sedan especially lowered but iam a hatch man so i went corolla with all its gadgets.. It wont be raced so its good enough for my needs.. At the end of the day it may just come down to size and your lifestyle..So its hot hatch or super tourer then.. Love a good hatch ;)

Cheers,John

i know it would be a big jump (down) from 220kw to 100kw but when it comes down to it, 100km/h is 100km/h now matter how much power you got. but i do find it safer toovertake due to being on the wrong side of the road for less amount of time. i like the look of the Hatch but i think a white Camry ith a massive set of wheels would look awsome, and you dont see many done up Camrys. but i still love the look of the Hatch.

my other choices are Mazda 3 SP23, Mazda 3MPS, VW Golf, VW Tiguan.

but i like Toyota for the reliability.

anyway here is a pic of my commodore

post-11069-1227305680_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know if the current Camry wheels fit on the current Corolla?

No they wont, simply the Corolla is 4 stud and Camry 5.

Have you considered the Aurion? It would certainly be worth the extra $$$ and fuel consumption is around the same for normal driving.

But also the Camry is fine, for inspiration take a look at what the yanks do over at Toyota Nation, some pretty nice looking Camrys!

Does anyone know if the current Camry wheels fit on the current Corolla?

No they wont, simply the Corolla is 4 stud and Camry 5.

Have you considered the Aurion? It would certainly be worth the extra $$$ and fuel consumption is around the same for normal driving.

But also the Camry is fine, for inspiration take a look at what the yanks do over at Toyota Nation, some pretty nice looking Camrys!

errrrrthe curent corolla ZRE152 are 5 stud not 4 stud soo i guess if camrys offset are the same as rollas one then yeh theyll fit

i know it would be a big jump (down) from 220kw to 100kw but when it comes down to it, 100km/h is 100km/h now matter how much power you got. but i do find it safer toovertake due to being on the wrong side of the road for less amount of time. i like the look of the Hatch but i think a white Camry ith a massive set of wheels would look awsome, and you dont see many done up Camrys. but i still love the look of the Hatch.

my other choices are Mazda 3 SP23, Mazda 3MPS, VW Golf, VW Tiguan.

but i like Toyota for the reliability.

anyway here is a pic of my commodore

if you have the cash to splash, i'd go for the Mazda MPS or Volkswagon Golf (only if it was R32)

Problem is that my dad has a Mazda 6 MPS and i dont want to get a better car than him (and my brother has a SP23 hatch so too much alike) and every man and his dog has a Golf, but i havent seen any Corolla Hatches on the road. (current ones)

Problem is that my dad has a Mazda 6 MPS and i dont want to get a better car than him (and my brother has a SP23 hatch so too much alike) and every man and his dog has a Golf, but i havent seen any Corolla Hatches on the road. (current ones)

where in the world do you live?!?!? here in sydney u basicly see atleast 5 perday and thats an understatement

Temora, but i recently went to sydney for the day and out of a list of about 15 cars the Corolla was the only one i didnt see a million of, actually i didnt see any. and havent seen any where i live

odd. very odd what part of sydney?

Rosemedow and Villawood were to two places i had to go to. then down one of the highways to Bathurst (i dont know what highyway it is, i say the best road in Sydney is the one out of there, lol)

Also thinking of even going a little older so a Sportivo Corolla. (if i go sportivo i know the numberplate i will get ;) )

if you have the cash to splash, i'd go for the Mazda MPS or Volkswagon Golf (only if it was R32)

Agreed. The OP is stepping back from a blown VT (about 175kW by memory). Both the Corolla and Camry are gutless, until Toyota wake up and bring out a TRD Corolla. R32 is too much $$$, GTI or MPS highly recommended, and only a little bit of a step up from the Corolla or Camry price area.

Camry Altise are going for a low price now, $27990 Drive Away..with lip spoiler, and alloys.

The ZR...will have the Smart Entry, and HID, and will be somewhere around $30K

Depending on what features you are looking for. If you want the lot you might be able to get a Camry Grande for about $37K.